Applications are open for TSL International Student Essay Competition 2023. Here’s how to apply:
Deadline: January 11, 2023
Applications are open for the Trust for Sustainable Living (TSL) International Student Essay Competition 2023. The competition invites students to submit one essay in English, entitled: “How can young people be better supported to thrive in green jobs?”
They want to hear students’ own views on how they feel they can be better supported to succeed in the green jobs market. Students are invited to approach the topic however they wish. They are strongly encouraged include their own personal views, perspectives and experiences to help bring their thoughts and visions alive.
Prizes for TSL International Student Essay Competition 2023
- One overall Grand Prize trophy winner will receive a free international trip to a TSL Summit, including £500 spending money.
- The Top 10 essay medalists will receive eco-friendly e-medals with redeemable gift tokens.
- All participating Teacher Champions, Essay Finalists & Honourable Mentions, and International Debate participants, will receive personalised e-certificates.
Eligibility for TSL International Student Essay Competition 2023
- The International Student Essay Competition is open to all students worldwide.
- Must be aged 7-18 across two age categories – 7-11 years and 12-18 years.
Judging Criteria for TSL International Student Essay Competition 2023
- The judges look for originality and creativity, woven around a fact-based narrative in all formats – and the potential to contribute to constructive national or international debate. Unique and well-argued perspectives score highly.
- All work should be original and the students own. A bibliography of references should be included where appropriate and will not be counted as part of the official word limit. Essays or videos with plagiarised content will not be considered for an award. Especially within the essay competition, the same snippets of text tend to reappear again and again from common sources such as Wikipedia, and thus become very obvious to essay readers!
- Each student’s age is taken into account when judging, so that younger students are not at an unfair disadvantage when compared with older students.
- They understand that for some students English may be a second language and therefore do not mark down for syntax.
How to Apply for TSL International Student Essay Competition 2023
Teacher Champions represent their school or college and submit all the student’s essays. Students can participate in one of two age categories.
Register as a Teacher Champion
- Uber Data Science Apprenticeship Program 2022 (Fully-funded)
- Call for Applications: Outsource Global Free Software and Data Analytics Training
- Tamkeen Young Entrepreneur Program 2022
- Call for Applications: The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment 2022
- Apply for the Walmart Data Science Bootcamp – Fall 2022
- FAO Africa 2022 Internship Program for Young Africans
- Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Program 2023
- United States Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV-2024): Live and Work in the United States of America.
- French Government Excellence Scholarship Program 2023 for Masters & Ph.D. Study in France (Funded)
- Polygon Bootcamp Africa for Web3 Developers
- Call for Applications: Global Innovation Challenge 2022 ($10,000 Cash Prize)