Applications are now open for the Polygon Bootcamp Africa for Web3 Developers. Here’s how to apply:
Application Deadline: October 7, 2022
Applications are open for Polygon Bootcamp Africa, launched in partnership with Xend Finance! The eight-week intensive educational course and hackathon combo will put developers in Africa on the Web3 map.
This is Polygon’s biggest step in providing resources to developers, builders, and creators in Africa, and it comes during an important time.
An internet and blockchain revolution is underway across the continent. Africa has seen a 50-fold increase in internet users since 2000, with 75% of people estimated to be online by 2030. Mobile technology itself has already created 1.7 million jobs and spurred $144 billion in economic value across the continent.
Tracks for Polygon Bootcamp Africa for Web3 Developers
Polygon Bootcamp Africa is split into two concurrent tracks:
- Beginner track: for Web3 newbies and Web2 developers looking for a change. This is your start to a different career, a new web, and capturing more of the value you create. Participants will learn all about blockchain mechanics, writing smart contracts, decentralized computing, and what it takes to launch an app.
- Mastery track: for the well-traveled Web3 builders with a few feathers in their cap. You might be moonlighting as a Web3 developer, or maybe you’ve committed your career to the new web. Participants will learn the ins and outs of Polygon’s scaling solutions.
Benefits of Polygon Bootcamp Africa for Web3 Developers
- The top three Beginner projects will be considered for bounties of $5,000, $3,000, and $2,000, respectively, while Mastery projects will compete for bounties of $10,000, $7,000, and $5,000. The top Mastery submissions will also be funneled into Polygon’s Accelerator program, to ensure more mentorship and funding.
- In addition to ~swag~ for ALL participants, another 10 runner-up Beginner projects, and 30 runner-ups in Mastery, will receive $500 and $750, respectively.
- Sep. 26: Applications open
- Oct. 7: Applications close
- Oct. 10: Learning phase begins
- Nov. 18: Learning phase ends
- Nov. 21: Hackathon begins
- Dec. 2: Hackathon ends
- Dec. 5: Judging begins
- Dec. 19: Hackathon winners livestream
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Polygon Bootcamp Africa
- Call for Applications: Global Innovation Challenge 2022 ($10,000 Cash Prize)
- Data Analyst Internship at Paypal
- Call for Applications: 2023 Savvy Prize for Impact-Driven Entrepreneurs (Win $3,000 Cash Prizes and Support)
- Remote Web Development Internship at Vicdigit Tech
- USADF Accelerate Program to Reward African-Owned Businesses with $250k
- MTN-SAS Data Science Training Program 2022
- Nokia Foundation Scholarships 2023/2024 for International Students to Study in Finland
- Call for Applications: BFA Global Catalyst Fund 2022