Content Editor (Entry-Level)
About the Role
Babymigo’s Content Editor will take part in efforts aimed at building Babymigo’s digital content strategy. You must be an exceptional content writer, editor and communicator able to engage any audience and a fierce believer in Babymigo.
At Babymigo, we are driven by a mission to help reduce maternal and infant mortality in Africa. We help make moms’ lives easier through all the stages of pregnancy and parenthood by sharing and pooling knowledge, advice and a support system.
We make it easy for parents to find all the support they need, read trusted articles from experts daily, find and join their favorite communities to share experiences, get questions answered by experienced mothers & doctors, connect & meet mothers in the same birth club or similar stage.
What you’ll be doing
- Write blog posts, content and copy to increase website visits, sign-ups and user retention.
- Supervise a team of writers and coordinate with freelance contributors.
- Proofread, verify and edit spelling, grammar and syntax.
- Ensure that content meets the company’s needs and follows in-house style guides.
- Organize, modify and update existing content and resources
- Analyze data and analytics including user engagement, web traffic, and other KPIs, to increase reader engagement and retention.
- Publish daily and optimize readership of the organization’s website content.
- Come up with and work on fresh, creative content ideas, keeping our audience in mind.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
What it’ll take to succeed
- You are content-driven, resourceful, empathetic and always looking for ways to help people, add value to people, share their knowledge and enrich the lives of others.
- Knowledge of SEO, keyword search and industry best practices.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Attention to detail
- Able to explain complex ideas in simple, layman terms.
- Have a passion for women’s health, motherhood, parenting and childcare.
- Are able to multitask, work within deadlines and iterate quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Polygon Bootcamp Africa for Web3 Developers
- Call for Applications: Global Innovation Challenge 2022 ($10,000 Cash Prize)
- Data Analyst Internship at Paypal
- Call for Applications: 2023 Savvy Prize for Impact-Driven Entrepreneurs (Win $3,000 Cash Prizes and Support)
- Remote Web Development Internship at Vicdigit Tech
- USADF Accelerate Program to Reward African-Owned Businesses with $250k
- MTN-SAS Data Science Training Program 2022
- Nokia Foundation Scholarships 2023/2024 for International Students to Study in Finland
- Call for Applications: BFA Global Catalyst Fund 2022