Applications are now open for Uber Data Science Apprenticeship Program 2022. Here’s how to apply:
Applications are open for the Uber Data Science Apprenticeship Programme (DSA) 2023. Uber DSA is a 6-month, paid, full-time training programme consisting of 3 months of classroom instruction followed by 3 months of on-the-job training and mentorship while working on impactful real-life Uber projects.
This programme is designed for individuals with an enthusiasm for analytics, but who haven’t had the opportunity to work on data science challenges in a world-class tech environment. In the first 3 months, participants will take classroom training on data science fundamentals designed and led by the University of Maryland Global Campus.
Participants will then spend the last 3 months with Uber’s inspiring Data Science leaders to work on capstone projects within our Mobility, Core Services, or Marketing organizations. After completing the 6 month DSA programme, apprentices will be fast-forwarded in the hiring process (skip the initial rounds) to be interviewed for a full-time placement with data science teams.
Training for this programme will take place in the Uber offices in San Francisco, CA. The DSA programme is a full-time paid apprenticeship that requires participants to be based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Start date of the programme is January 11, 2023.
Benefits of the Uber Data Science Apprenticeship Program
In the Data Science Apprenticeship (DSA) Program you will:
- Strengthen your fundamental knowledge of probability, statistics, and data preparation.
- Sharpen your expertise with SQL, and learn basics of Python.
- Gain expertise in data visualization and dashboarding.
- Understand how to refine ambiguous questions and generate hypotheses.
- Develop deeper understanding of how to design experiments and interpret the results.
- Learn how to measure success through Key Performance Indicators and other user/business metrics.
- Work side-by-side with Uber data scientists making product and business decisions based on data insights and experiment results.
Eligibility for Uber Data Science Apprenticeship Program
- Applicant should have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field AND/OR 2+ years of professional experience in a data, analytics, engineering, or research field;
- Foundational knowledge of SQL;
- Basic understanding of statistics and A/B testing;
- Curiosity to learn and adapt to new methodologies;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Full-time availability from January 2023 – June 2023;
- Availability to start full-time employment in June 2023 should you be extended a full-time offer upon completion of the apprenticeship
- Authorization to work in the US;
- Ability to work from Uber’s San Francisco HQ a minimum of 3 days per week.
- Call for Applications: Outsource Global Free Software and Data Analytics Training
- Tamkeen Young Entrepreneur Program 2022
- Call for Applications: The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment 2022
- Apply for the Walmart Data Science Bootcamp – Fall 2022
- FAO Africa 2022 Internship Program for Young Africans
- Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Program 2023
- United States Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV-2024): Live and Work in the United States of America.
- French Government Excellence Scholarship Program 2023 for Masters & Ph.D. Study in France (Funded)
- Polygon Bootcamp Africa for Web3 Developers
- Call for Applications: Global Innovation Challenge 2022 ($10,000 Cash Prize)
One Comment on “Uber Data Science Apprenticeship Program 2022 (Fully-funded)”
My name is Rawan Khaled. I am a data scientist freshly graduated. I am interested to be part of your apprenticeship program.
Looking forward to hear from you.