Present in MENA countries, OTO is a multi-language, All-in-one Shipping Management Software that helps Ecommerce Stores and Omnichannel brands to ship their e-commerce orders seamlessly with 100+ shipping companies locally and internationally.
Our customers are looking for the best way to deal with shipping and OTO provides the easiest one. We are in the journey of build MENA’s next global startup, but solving a global problem, which is shipping! How? Automation is one of our keywords (or OTOmation as we like to write it). Innovation and Automation together make shipping accessible to everyone.
OTO is always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. We’re building a culture where amazing people (like you) can do their best work at OTO. We have a no door policy, that means we encourage openness, honesty and respect for other points of view.
Our team members enjoy a challenging environment and they take care of each other, but mostly we all love Pizza – you will know why later 😉
Looking for a company where you can be part of a quick learning team, shaping the future of global e-commerce? Welcome on board!
OTO is now on the hunt for an experienced and energetic Senior Front-End Engineer, who will work alongside a growing Engineering Team. You will bring your expertise and enthusiasm into the team, and drive OTO growth into MENA Market. We are looking for someone who is highly enthusiastic, energetic and results driven.
You will be responsible for
Prioritisation, planning, coordination and communication of front-end features within the Front-End team
Maintain the best practices and standards common to OTO’s front-end capability
onboarding, monitoring and conducting training for new Engineers
Design core UI components primarily in React
Conduct design and code reviews, taking accountability for bug fixes and ensuring standards for code quality are met
Create learning resources to be used across the team you are mentoring
Setting up and maintaining the development and deployment infrastructure for the frontend team you are a part of
Work closely with our Front-End Team Lead, collaborating with other Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers to build the product
Be involved with the product life cycle
Translate business requirements from Product Managers to technical requirements for Front-End team
Actively look out for the best open source technologies to be used in the development of OTO’s products
Create and maintain reusable component libraries that are used in projects company-wide
For this role, it is essential that you:
- Proven experience as a Senior Front-End Engineer.
- Are fluent in English at a professional level, which will be tested at the interview stage.
Hands-on experience with markup languages
Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
Understanding of layout aesthetics
Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
It will be considered a big plus if you:
- Have international experience
- Have previously worked in fast-growing SaaS start-ups
In OTO, we have adapted the Remote Working culture, where we work from home, favourite coffee shop, on the beach, or at an art museum! You can work from anywhere you like. We are result-driven, and you will be surrounded by aggressive achievers. Keep in mind, we are not able to provide a Sponsorship Visa for this role; Therefore, It is essential that you apply for this position only if you have legal authorization to work in the country in which you are applying.
- No clocking in/out. We don’t believe in micromanaging and our working relationships are based on mutual trust, that’s why we don’t require our team to clock in and out of work. Of course, this trust relationship works both ways!
- Work alongside an ambitious and supportive team. We are growing fast and no two days look the same at OTO, but one thing never changes: your colleagues are always there to support you and to bounce off ideas!
- Growth and learning opportunities. We believe that in order to grow as a company, our team also needs to continue learning and developing.
- Stock options: we believe that everyone should feel like building his own company! That’s why we offer stock options for all employees working at OTO.
Does this sound like you? then send your application to us today!
- Google EMEA 2023 Internship Application Now Opened
- Apply: Remote Tech Internship at Skibble
- Call for Applications: Outsource Global Free Software and Data Analytics Training
- Tamkeen Young Entrepreneur Program 2022
- Call for Applications: The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment 2022
- Apply for the Walmart Data Science Bootcamp – Fall 2022
- FAO Africa 2022 Internship Program for Young Africans
- Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Program 2023
- United States Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV-2024): Live and Work in the United States of America.
- French Government Excellence Scholarship Program 2023 for Masters & Ph.D. Study in France (Funded)
- Polygon Bootcamp Africa for Web3 Developers
- Call for Applications: Global Innovation Challenge 2022 ($10,000 Cash Prize)