Job Title: Product Sales Intern
Spurt! is a dynamic consortium of professionals keen to collaborate with African entrepreneurs to build more efficient, more productive, and strategic businesses. Our practice is focused on deployments of technology, human-centred design thinking, and data analytics for business growth and expansion.
Spurt! was founded to develop local companies into regional and global giants. Local companies struggle to scale due to bureaucracy, inaccessible financing, organisational challenges, and sub-Saharan Africa’s geopolitical conditions.
Our objective is to catalyse and support the growth of large local companies with sufficient scale and capacity to add value locally and regionally. Through our four arms, Paperclip, Solutions, MadeIn! and SpurtX! we develop data-driven technology solutions, strategic advisory, research, implementation support, and stakeholder management services.
We are a fully remote company and engage individuals passionate about creatively problem-solving and prosperity building for Africa in and from any part of the world. Our culture is non-hierarchical, intense and intentional. We are champions of each other’s growth
Spurt! is hiring a Product Sales Intern who is proactive and driven and can build trusting and long-lasting relationships with our members and clients and deliver strategies and plans across our portfolio. The ideal intern will be a great fit for our energetic and creative team. You’ll gain hands-on experience working on challenging, meaningful projects with guidance from members of our team. If that sounds like you, read on!
Here’s what you’ll get with Spurt!
- Full Ownership: we trust the team and provide them the freedom to make the best choices. Without micromanagement, the results are what matter more to us than what you do.
- Transparency: you will work in an environment that us fully transparent and with pure intentions.
- Training: you’ll experience hands on training and be given the opportunity to consistently build your knowledge, skills and abilities
- Stipend: in addition to rigorous training and autonomy, we provide a stipend to interns
- Awesome People: you will be working alongside intelligent, humble, and cooperative individuals ready to collaborate and execute tasks.
As a Product Sales Intern, we expect you to drive visibility and conversion for our suite of products and services. Some of your responsibilities are listed below:
- Participating in meetings with management, clients, or other team members to discuss sales goals or marketing strategies
- Maintaining knowledge of competitor’s pricing and products
- Communicating with prospective clients to arrange appointments for sales presentations
- Developing new business opportunities through networking and relationship building with new clients
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth
- conduct research, manage inbound and outbound correspondence, update sales records, attend meetings, and help maintain client relationships, among other tasks.
- Propose ideas to help maximize sales and build upon existing strategies for sales growth.
- Support the reporting of the team’s sales performance, sales presentation across product and multiple product categories.
- Audit customer’s digital engagement with online platform using website analytics.
- Manage the operational follow-up of promotional campaigns
- Strong communication skills (via phone, email, and in-person)
- Capacity to deliver information clearly and effectively using PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel, Zoom, MS Power Point, MS Teams
- Obsessive attention to detail, responsive communication, thoughtful problem-solving and an execution mindset; zero inbox mentality is strongly preferred
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritise work
- Ability to work autonomously, incredibly professional, discreet, and trustworthy
- Impeccable work ethic with ability to learn quickly and multi-task
- Willingness to be flexible and nimble including availability to work flexible hours as needed
- Most importantly, abundant curiosity about how to make this world a better place to live in
- Lifelong Learner: voracious appetite for knowledge and skills improvement
- Ownership Mentality: Spurt! was founded because we believed that we could proactively change the African business landscape. Our culture prioritises proactiveness and servant leadership
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: we are building an institution that breaks the barriers to scale for African entrepreneurs, that means we do not just fix problems we create profitable solutions
- Dynamic: we strive to be open-minded, agile, and adept at adjusting quickly and effectively to new situations
- Ethical: We value integrity because we absolutely need to be able to trust each other’s ability to do what is right, not just what is expedient
- Resourceful: this is a start-up environment, you will not always have the help or resources you need, but we hope you will be shrewd and resourceful in driving value creation through problem-solving
- Passionate: being a pioneer is hard, sometimes thankless, often exhausting work. We choose to be here because we are committed to the organisation’s vision for the continent
- Visionary: it is important that you always hold the big picture in mind, our mission is quite grand
- Sociable: remote work is hard to do but is made better by people committed to being present, thoughtful, and communicative
- A bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship and sales
This is a remote (work from home) offer. Please apply here if you are interested in the opportunity.