Applications are now open for the 2022 ALX/Udacity Tech Scholarships for Young Africans. Here’s how to apply:
The ALX Tech Nanodegrees are a fully-funded scholarship programme providing 20,000 Tech Nanodegree programmes, powered by Udacity for African talent to enable them to become future leaders and entrepreneurs and help address the global skills gap across the tech industry.
Purpose of the ALX/Udacity Tech Scholarships
Our mission is to upskill and grow young, job-ready talent with intermediate and advanced in-demand tech skills to become Africa’s future leaders and entrepreneurs, transforming 60,000 lives – enabling 40,000 with foundational digital skills and 20,000 with professional advanced tech skills.
There is no other program like it on the continent, providing the same e-learning package of quality tech training from Udacity; in Cloud DevOps, FullStack, Data Analysis, and Cloud Developer, coupled with career services, and community through ALX and The ROOM, enabling graduates to access opportunities in tech companies all over the world. Through these fully sponsored programs, young Africans gain the skills and the connections, at no cost, to grant them access to the tech ecosystem.
The following are the available courses for the ALX/Udacity Tech Scholarships
- Fullstack Web Development
- Data Analysis
- Cloud Development
- Dev Ops Engineering
Why ALX/Udacity Tech Scholarships
- Technical Training: Providing tech courses in the most demanded fields in Web, Data & Cloud – customized for various career levels.
- Career Readiness: Get ready to propel your career trajectory through access to exclusive Career Readiness services integrated within your technical Nanodegree. Career services are designed to help you navigate your way through your career journey and prepare you for your next step.
- Job Opportunities: In collaboration with The ROOM, we are training a new generation of world-class, outstanding talent in Africa and we are connecting them to opportunities to create lasting impact through their skills and expertise.
Are You Eligible for the ALX/Udacity Tech Scholarships?
If you are excited about the digital disruptions taking place across the globe, are between 18 and 35 years old, and are looking to gain specialized skills that will help you break into a high income, globally-relevant tech career, this is for you
- Age: Between 18 and 35 years of age.
- Career Status: Recent graduates, young professionals, entrepreneurs, and anyone looking to gain the skills to transform their future.
- Geography: Open for all learners originally from the African continent, regardless of your location.
How to Apply for the ALX/Udacity Tech Scholarships
- Google EMEA 2023 Internship Application Now Opened
- Apply: Remote Tech Internship at Skibble
- Call for Applications: Outsource Global Free Software and Data Analytics Training
- Tamkeen Young Entrepreneur Program 2022
- Call for Applications: The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment 2022
- Apply for the Walmart Data Science Bootcamp – Fall 2022
- FAO Africa 2022 Internship Program for Young Africans
- Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Program 2023
- United States Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV-2024): Live and Work in the United States of America.
- French Government Excellence Scholarship Program 2023 for Masters & Ph.D. Study in France (Funded)
- Polygon Bootcamp Africa for Web3 Developers
- Call for Applications: Global Innovation Challenge 2022 ($10,000 Cash Prize)