The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people’s heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it.
We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge, and we’re building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
Designing a global ecosystem for knowledge sharing and the platform for businesses to reach this audience requires a multidisciplinary approach. We’re building a diverse team with people of different backgrounds and experiences, empowered to shape strategy while moving quickly and learning as much as possible.
Designers at Quora are building a system to democratize access to all knowledge for the entire world. Our work leverages what we learn about psychological and social dynamics, communities and networks, and systems and policy design, in addition to more typical design skills. Product design plays a significant role in impacting product strategy directly. We work on everything from ranking to UI, from internationalization to moderation systems; design decisions are validated through A/B testing and user studies alike, as we value rigor and empathy in equal measure. We pursue candor, holism, and awareness in our work.
About the Role:
Quora designers are strategic-minded. As a product designer, you’ll be responsible for what you design from start to finish because designers at Quora control the interface — they have a central role on every product team. This not only ensures the right solution is being designed, but that the right problem is being solved. As an integral part of that structure, you will be embedded in a product team focused on a major, user-facing area of Quora.
- Identify and execute high-impact opportunities for your product area, design features in pursuit of business goals, and clearly communicate decision rationale
- Partner with research and data science teams to understand the needs of our users, designing scalable solutions with empathy
- Collaborate with cross-functional leads for the ongoing improvements
- Consult with engineers to develop designs to scale globally across platforms, with designers for feedback and critique, and with data scientists and user researchers to evaluate the impact of your work
- Design interactions for new features, applying or contributing to a design system as appropriate
- Work autonomously to quickly and pragmatically execute on multiple projects
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora’s “coordination hours” (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time). Learn why here
- Portfolio demonstrating digital design capabilities across apps and other platforms showcasing effective interaction design and strong visual design
- Experience designing products with clear, effective interactions to accomplish business goals
- Designed and shipped product features either from scratch or iterating on what existed
- Ability to reason at a strategic level about a complex, social product and update perspective with new learnings
- Demonstrated record of using data and/or user research to inform and evaluate design solutions
- Experience with effective A/B testing and metrics driven environment
- Experience maintaining and improving a design system
- Shipped high quality mobile experiences for social media products
- Google EMEA 2023 Internship Application Now Opened
- Apply: Remote Tech Internship at Skibble
- Call for Applications: Outsource Global Free Software and Data Analytics Training
- Tamkeen Young Entrepreneur Program 2022
- Call for Applications: The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment 2022
- Apply for the Walmart Data Science Bootcamp – Fall 2022
- FAO Africa 2022 Internship Program for Young Africans
- Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Program 2023
- United States Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV-2024): Live and Work in the United States of America.
- French Government Excellence Scholarship Program 2023 for Masters & Ph.D. Study in France (Funded)
- Polygon Bootcamp Africa for Web3 Developers
- Call for Applications: Global Innovation Challenge 2022 ($10,000 Cash Prize)