Applications are now open for the World Bank Legal Internship Program 2023 for Law Students. Here’s ho to apply:
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency offers highly-motivated law students an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank and that of the Legal Vice Presidency. The World Bank Legal Internship Program allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest research experiences into the World Bank’s daily operations and improve their legal skills while working in a multicultural environment.
The objective of the program is to provide you first-hand experiences of the day-to-day operations of the World Bank by closely collaborating with staff in the Legal Vice Presidency. As part of our team, working directly with outstanding and inspiring development professionals and senior management, you will get the chance to contribute to the legal services offered by the Legal Vice Presidency as well as participate in high-profile events and conferences organized during the term of your internship.
Benefits of the World Bank Legal Internship Program
The World Bank Legal Internship Program is offered thrice a year for a period of maximum three months at World Bank Headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in certain selected country offices for currently enrolled law school students.
Selection Process: World Bank Legal Interns shall be selected through a competitive selection process. The World Bank Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Onboarding: The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency shall organize a brief onboarding session at the beginning of the Summer, Fall, and Spring Internship Program for the incoming cohort.
Evaluations on Performance: The World Bank shall not provide evaluation on the performance of participants in the World Bank’s Legal Internship Program.
Please note that applying or partaking in the World Bank Legal Internship Program does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment at the World Bank upon completion of the Program.
Requirements for the World Bank Legal Internship Program
- Do you hold citizenship of any IBRD member state?
- Are you enrolled in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent legal academic program while you would be undertaking your internship with us? (e.g. if you apply for the Summer Cycle of LIP, you must be enrolled in an eligible legal academic program between June and August)
- Do you have an excellent command of the English language?
If you have answered yes to all these questions, you are eligible to be an intern in the Legal Vice Presidency. Preference shall be given to candidates who possess a decent command of a second language, especially if that is one of the working languages of IBRD (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
Applications from eligible international as well as U.S.-based students are equally encouraged.
How to Apply for the World Bank Legal Internship Program
Please submit the below documents through this link:
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of enrollment in a law degree (LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent) and academic transcript(s).
- Short essay providing a response to a research question posed by the Legal Vice Presidency for the prevailing application period.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the World Bank Legal Vice Presidency’s (LEG VPU) Internship Program Fall 2023
- Poster Design Contest for International Compost Awareness Week 2023 ($500 prize)
- SDG Innovation Challenge 2022 for Young Africans
- NNPC/SEPLAT Joint Venture 2022/2023 National Undergraduate Scholarship Program for young Nigerians
- Vital Voices (VV) GROW Fellowship 2023 for Women Entrepreneurs (Scholarship available)
- United Nations Academic Impact/MCN Millennium Fellowship Class of 2023
- Apply for the Tetrix Challenge 2022 & Win a trip around the World
- Nuffic MENA Scholarship Program 2023 to Study in the Netherlands (Fully Funded)
- British Council IELTS Prize 2022 (Win £3,000)
- Call for Entry: Meta’s AR/VR Africa Boot Camp 2022 for African XR Talents.