Applications for the British Council IELTS Prize 2022. The IELTS Prize is awarded to high-calibre individuals with the motivation to develop their career, and who demonstrate the potential to contribute to society what they have gained from their undergraduate or postgraduate study experience.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS), the test that’s trusted by educational institutions and universities all around the world, could take you even further: all the way to your ideal academic field, institution and destination.
- Seven lucky IELTS test takers in each of the countries listed will be given a £3,000 prize to turn their academic dreams into reality.
The 2022 IELTS Prize is open to test takers living in Bangladesh, Canada, Colombia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa.
- be 18 years or above;
- be a resident of the country you’re applying from (except applicants in Canada);
- have taken IELTS with British Council between September 1, 2021 and September 15, 2022 and be able to produce a valid IELTS score in the application;
- Book an IELTS test;
- have a minimum overall IELTS band score of 5.5 or above;
- be applying to an educational institution, anywhere in the world, that requires IELTS as part of its admission process;
- begin undergraduate or postgraduate studies in academic year 2023/24;
- be able to provide the letter of acceptance from your university latest by September 30, 2022.