Applications are now open for the Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence 2022. Here’s how to apply:
The Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) scheme aims to increase the knowledge and awareness in UK universities of cutting edge industrial science, research and innovation.
The Entrepreneur in Residence (EIR) scheme provides opportunities for enthusiastic, highly experienced industrial scientists and entrepreneurs to spend one day a week at a university developing a bespoke project to:
- expose university staff and students to state-of-the-art industrial research and development, and the scientific challenges faced by industry
- provide support and expert advice aimed at promoting innovation and the translation of research by universities
- grow confidence in and understanding of business and entrepreneurship among staff and students
- provide career recognition to the award holders, and support their professional development
Benefits of the program
The Entrepreneur in Residence Scheme includes awards, which are usually for two years. The value of the scheme is up to a maximum of £20,000 per year (including VAT where applicable), and is expected to cover the following:
- Salary equivalent to 0.2 FTE of the award holder’s current salary to spend 20% of their working time at the host. The EiR’s basic salary only will be paid during the secondment; the EiR’s employer will continue to pay national insurance and pension contributions.
- Travel and project costs for award holder to travel to and from their host, and accommodation if required. Project costs to help deliver the aims of the project plan can also be included, as can conference attendance, meeting workshops and training.
- IHS Towers Technical Skills Acquisition Program 2022 (TSAP) for Young Nigerian Graduates
- Apply for Coding Bootcamp 2022. Sponsored by First City Monument Bank (FCMB) | FCMB Coding Bootcamp
- Apply: RISA Grant for Africans 2022
- Women Techsters Bootcamp 2022 for African Tech Women
- World Bank Group Spoken Word Competition 2022
- Web3 Africa Women Fellowship 2022 for Young African women
- Shell Nigeria Student Industrial Training Program 2022 for Young Nigerian Students.
- The Entrepreneur in Residence scheme covers all areas of the life and physical sciences, including engineering, but excluding clinical medicine.
- The scheme is open to applicants of any nationality, who are eligible to work in the UK for the duration of the award. Applicants should have a background in science and engineering. They must be able to demonstrate significant experience of working in science in an industrial research context, and one or more of the following:
- Experience of managing university-business collaborations and the translation and commercialisation of research
- Experience of entrepreneurship, such as company formation and growth, investment etc
- Experience or interest in training, coaching or mentoring
- Applicants can be either employed full-time, part-time, or self-employed.
The deadline is on September 22, 2022
Applications for the Entrepreneur in Residence scheme program should be submitted through the Society’s grant management system Flexi-Grant. It is expected that applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application 3 months after the closing date. See below to apply.