Ragan Communications, a multimedia publishing company that is #1 in its market, is looking for an outstanding journalist and creative thinker to create content for Ragan.com and other projects within the company.
This candidate will also have a strong hand in copy editing a variety of materials, including awards programs and client proofreading projects. This is an ideal position for journalists looking to transition away from a traditional newsroom.
If you are interested in writing through a business lens, are hard-working, resourceful and a team player then this is the position for you. You’ll have the opportunity to create engaging articles that inform, educate and entertain communications professionals around the world.
- Source, research and write original stories on employee communications, wellness, company culture and more
- Attend industry events and write previews and recaps
- Work with our team on multiple awards programs and write relevant features on winners and finalists
- Copy edit various internal and external projects
- Work with outside contributors and our editorial advisory board to round out our award-winning content offerings
- Write client white papers, tip sheets and more
- Other duties as assigned
Skills to Succeed in This Role
- 3-5 years experience, preferably in an editorial/reporting role
- Copy editing
- Familiarity with AP style
- Social media posting and familiarity
- Project and time management
- Team player
This role is fully remote, though preferably seeking candidates from New York tri-state area or Chicago. Some travel is required.
Join our talented team of editors and writers at Ragan Communications, the publisher of PR Daily and Ragan.com, and producer of leading events, membership councils, subscription newsletters and more. If you like to write, have a nose for news and are interested in being a part of a fast-growing new brand, then consider joining the Ragan team!
Benefits and Perks
- 401(k) with a 6% employer match.
- Health insurance.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- Company paid disability and life insurance.
- Parking, transit, and dependent care plan.
- Generous paid time off, plus nearly 20 scheduled paid holidays.
- Can be fully remote or work from our Chicago office.