Applications are now open for Rhodes Global Scholarships 2023 for Postgraduate Study at the University of Oxford. Here’s what you need to know:
Application Deadline: 23:59 GMT, 1 August 2022
The Rhodes Scholarship is a fully funded, full time, postgraduate award which enables talented young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. Applying for the Scholarship is a challenge, but it is an experience which has helped generations of young people to succeed. Rhodes Trust encourage applications from talented students everywhere.
Rhodes Scholars come to the UK for two or more years and can apply to study most full-time postgraduate courses offered by Oxford University.
- The Global Scholarships allow eligible candidates from the rest of the world (i.e. not eligible under any other Rhodes Scholarships Constituency) to apply for a Scholarship, subject to nomination.
a. Nationality/citizenship: You may only apply to the Global Scholarships if you are not eligible to apply via any existing Rhodes constituency (https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/list-of-rhodes scholarshipconstituencies/). If you have a strong connection to one or more Rhodes constituency but do not meet their eligibility criteria you should also consider inter-jurisdictional consideration rather than the Global Scholarship.
b. Age: You must meet either of the below criteria:
i. On 1 October 2022, you must be at least 18 and have not reached your 24th birthday (i.e. you must have been born after 1 October 1998 and on or before 1 October 2004). OR (for older candidates who completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual)
ii. On 1 October 2022, you must not have reached your 27th birthday (i.e. have been born after 1 October 1995) AND you have met or will meet the academic requirements for completing your first undergraduate degree on or after 1 October 2021*
- A university’s policy determines the date of completion of academic requirement for a degree and this may be
different from when a degree is considered awarded by the university or the date of a graduation ceremony. In ambiguous cases, the decision of the National Secretary is final.
Academic achievement: You must have already completed, or will have completed by July 2023, an undergraduate degree (normally a Bachelor’s degree) with an academic background and grade that – at a minimum – meets or exceeds the specific entry requirements of your chosen full-time course at the University of Oxford (https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/courses/courses-a-z-listing)
Given the very intense international competition for places at the University of Oxford, candidates will have a
greater chance of successful admission to Oxford if they have:
• A First Class Honours Degree or equivalent, or,
• A GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
Benefits of Rhodes Global Scholarships 2023 for Postgraduate Study at the University of Oxford
- The Rhodes Scholarship covers Oxford University course fees, as well as providing an annual stipend. For the 2021/22 academic year, the stipend is £17,310 per annum (£1,442.50 per month) from which Scholars pay all living expenses, including accommodation. Please note – this is not sufficient to cover partners or dependents.
- On arrival in Oxford, Scholars receive a settling in allowance and for those Scholars who transition to a second course of study in Oxford, they will again receive assistance to cover the fee for visa renewal and further application for IHS.
Selection Criteria for Rhodes Global Scholarships 2023 for Postgraduate Study at the University of Oxford
- literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence)
- energy to use one’s talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
- truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings
Application Documents for Rhodes Global Scholarships 2023 for Postgraduate Study at the University of Oxford
These documents can all be accessed below.
- Information for Candidates – Global
- Guidance for Referees – Global
- Guidance for Nominating Institutions
- FAQs for Nominating Institutions
- Courses covered by the Rhodes Scholarship
For More Information:
- Vodacom Early Careers Program 2022 for Young African Graduates
- The Flywire Charitable Foundation 2022 Academic Scholarship
- National Population Commission (NPC) Adhoc Staff Recruitment 2022
- Huawei Spark Ignite 2022 – Global Startup Competition
- Fishbowl Challenge 2022 for Young College Entrepreneurs (Win up to $50,000)
- Apply for UNHCR Internship Program 2022
- NATO Defense College (NDC) Resident Fellowship Programme 2023
- WordPress Developer Needed at InMotion ICT Hub Limited
- Pan-Atlantic University Scholarship 2022 for Nigerian Students
- PwC Tech Talent Bootcamp for Young Nigerians
- Harvard University Aspire Leaders Program (Fully-funded)
- KPMG Africa Graduate Recruitment Program 2022 for young African graduates.