The Harvard University Aspire Leaders Program, created in 2017 at Harvard University, offers a fully financed leadership development program to low-income, first-generation college students all over the world. This program provides chances for students to effect change in their home countries by giving them access to a worldwide network of peers and world-class teachers.
Who is the Aspire Leaders Program at Harvard University?
This program is for students who are from backgrounds of social and financial adversity. All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- First-generation to attend university, meaning their parents did not complete an undergraduate degree
- Low-income background
- Ages 18-26
What are the program options for Harvard University Aspire Leaders Program?
Through the program, students will:
- Gain access to fully-funded HarvardX courses and leadership development tools.
- Participate in live seminars with Harvard and world-class faculty.
- Exchange ideas in a virtual classroom with a global community of peers.
Am I eligible if I am in 2022 Cycle One?
If you applied to the 2022 Cycle One program and were invited to Stage 1, then you were eligible for the Aspire Leaders Program. If you were not able to continue and complete Stage 1 or any other stage, then you are welcome to apply again for Cycle Two.
If you progressed to Stage 2 or Stage 3 of the 2022 Cycle One program then we encourage you to continue taking HarvardX courses and attending faculty seminars while they are available. Congratulations! You have already learned and gained so much. If you do not continue to Stage 4 and/or Stage 5 then you can apply again in 2023.
Timeline For Harvard University Aspire Leaders Program
Applications for Aspire Leaders Program Cycle One closed on March 15, 2022 and applications open for Aspire Leaders Program Cycle Two open on April 18, 2022. The Early Action Deadline is May 18. Apply early to receive priority access to each stage of the program. The final application deadline for Aspire Leaders Program Cycle Two is June 15. Students who apply and are eligible will begin moving through the stages. Whether students complete one stage or all five, they will gain skills and certificates along the way. The Aspire Leaders Program is competitive, and we strongly encourage you to submit the application early.
Once accepted to the Aspire Leaders Program, students will continue through a multi-stage selection process, culminating in the finalist program in June or October, delivered virtually.
What have been the results of the Harvard University Aspire Leaders Program?
Aspire Institute’s leadership development offerings will tangibly support the next steps of your journey as a young leader. The Aspire alumni network is a dynamic and diverse group spanning countries around the world. Membership in this group provides access to regional cohorts and affinity networks.
- Harvard University Aspire Leaders Program (Fully-funded)
- PwC Tech Talent Bootcamp for Young Nigerians
- INTERNATIONAL MONEYTRY FUND IMF 2022 Fund Challenge for Undergraduate Students
- Emirates Careers 2022 | Emirates Jobs
- One Young World Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022
- FIFA Master Scholarships and Financial Aid 2022/2023 for Study in Switzerland
- OPEC Fund Internship Program 2022
- MEET Africa Entrepreneurship Programme 2022 for diasporan Africans.
- Access Bank Entry Level Tech Recruitment 2022 for Young African graduates