One Young World Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022 (Fully Funded To UK)
Application is now open for One Young World Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022. The scholarship is fully funded by European Commission to sponsor young leaders across the world making impact in conflict resolutions. Selected scholars will be sponsored to attend the One Young World Summit in Manchester, United Kingdom.
Overview of One Young World Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022
More than 600 million young people live in fragile and conflict-affected states, and in many fragile countries, more than 60% of the population is under the age of 25, making youth the largest group that experiences the impact of fragility and conflict. Young people represent the largest youth demographic the world has ever seen and hold enormous potential to create peace in their communities.
Evidence has shown that sustainable peacebuilding comes from the bottom-up. While youth are often characterised as passive recipients of peacebuilding, they must be recognised as active peacebuilders who are able to focus their efforts on safeguarding, stimulating, facilitating, and creating the space for societies to develop resilient capacities for self-organisation.
The One Young World Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022, delivered in partnership with the European Commission, aims to empower young people to build more cohesive and peaceful societies.
Scholarship recipients will participate in the One Young World Summit 2022, which will see 2,000 young leaders from 190+ countries descend on Manchester for the global forum for young leaders. During the Summit, delegates will present and debate solutions to our time’s most pressing issues alongside senior leaders. Scholarship recipients will join a community of over 200 Peace Ambassadors who have participated in the programme since 2017. The 2022 Peace Ambassador Programme will have a focus on the role of disinformation in fuelling hate speech, conflict and violence.
One Young World Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022 Benefits:
- Participants’ voices will be amplified enabling them to shape the policies that affect them most.
- Increased visibility of young leaders contributing to Peace and P/CVE in their communities.
- Participants will foster dialogue around the key theme of peacebuilding.
- Recipients will learn more about the European Union and its institutions and their role in promoting peace and fostering respect for fundamental rights and freedoms.
Peace Ambassadors will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit which takes place 5 – 8 September 2022 in Manchester, United Kingdom.
- Roundtrip travel to Manchester and back to the country of origin.
- Hotel accommodation for the duration of the Summit.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner during the One Young World Summit.
- Membership of the One Young World Ambassador Community
- Profiling in various media outlets.
Eligibility Requirements For One Young World Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022
- Aged 18 – 30** by 5 September.
- Candidates need to be actively engaged in the fields of peace building, conflict resolution, tackling disinformation, or countering violent extremism.
- Available to join the programme full time between 4 and 8 September 2022
- Nationals of countries considered to be ‘developing or emerging’ according to the International Monetary Fund’s World Economic Outlook and selected countries that are affected by conflict are eligible to apply. See ‘Eligible Nationalities’ below.
Eligible Nationalities For One Young World Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Democractic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Croatia, Curacao, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Jordan, Kosovo, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao P.D.R., Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Sint Maarten, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, State of Palestine, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, São Tomé and Príncipe, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Assessment Criteria For One Young World Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022
Successful scholars will demonstrate:
- A commitment to creating positive impact through peace building, conflict resolution, tackling disinformation, or countering violent extremism in their communities
- Proven leadership ability / seen as role models in their communities
- A capacity for innovation and value-driven problem solving
- A concern for local and/or global issues
- An ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- An ability to work towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration
- A willingness to stay engaged with fellow Peace Ambassadors, the wider One Young World Community, and the European Commission after the One Young World Summit
Application Deadline Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022
The deadline for One Young World Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022 is Sunday 26 June 2022.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, early applications are strongly advised.
Disclaimer: This scholarship is intended to be an ‘in-person’ opportunity. Should the One Young World Summit be disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic, OYW will ensure the most optimal attendance.
Most delegates are between the ages of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
- Top Tech Scholarships for Africans to Build High-income Tech Skills and Have Access to World Class Technologies
- Google Africa Developer Scholarship (GADS) Program 2022 for young African Developers.
- ALX/Udacity tech scholarships for young Africans (Fully Funded) #SkillUpStandOut
- ALX Young Entrepreneurs Program 2022
- Paid Internships: 20 Top Companies and Organizations Currently Employing African Interns
- Microsoft 4Afrika Skillslab Program 2021 for young Nigerian Undergraduates & Fresh Graduates.
- Sales Intern Recruitment at Microsoft
- African Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) Awards 2022 for Women Entrepreneurs in Africa