Applications are now open for University of Gondar Mastercard Foundation Graduate Scholars Program 2022. Here what you need to know about how to apply:
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022
The University of Gondar (Ethiopia) and Queen’s University (Canada), supported by the Mastercard Foundation, have developed a 10-year partnership to advance inclusive higher education for young people with disabilities, develop new occupational therapy programs and advance research for inclusive education and community-based rehabilitation in Africa.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of applicants demonstrated academic ability, leadership potential, socioeconomic need and disability. The scholarship is comprehensive and covers the costs of tuition, accommodation/boarding, stipend and additional program-related expenses as well as support and training programs on academic, financial literacy and social issues with the aim of developing capable and transformative leaders at grassroots and global levels.
The scholarship adopts the approach of experiential learning and facilitates organizational attachments and summer-camps, among others, for scholarship holders.
Eligibility for University of Gondar Mastercard Foundation Graduate Scholars Program 2022
Undergraduate scholarships (for September 2021) are open for Ethiopian applicants who intend to be a full-time student at the University of Gondar.
Applicants must also:
- have a visual, hearing or mobility disability
- have sat for the two most recent EHEECEs in Amhara National Regional State
- have the required scores on the EHEECE for entry to higher education institutions
Applicants will also be considered based on:
- Financial need
- leadership/community giveback experience or potential
Please note that undergraduate scholarships are not available for international students.
Undergraduate applicants must be in or applying to one of the following programs:
- Laboratory Science
- Social Work
- Environmental Health and Occupational Safety
- Special Needs Education
Graduate scholarships (for September 2021) are open for Ethiopian applicants who have the minimum CGPA in an undergraduate program from a recognized higher educational institution and.
Applicants will be considered based on:
- visual, hearing or mobility disability
- financial need
- leadership and community giveback experience or potential
Graduate applicants must be in or applying to one of the following programs:
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the University of Gondar Mastercard Foundation Graduate Scholars Program (MCFSP) 2022
- Vodacom Early Careers Program 2022 for Young African Graduates
- The Flywire Charitable Foundation 2022 Academic Scholarship
- National Population Commission (NPC) Adhoc Staff Recruitment 2022
- Huawei Spark Ignite 2022 – Global Startup Competition
- Fishbowl Challenge 2022 for Young College Entrepreneurs (Win up to $50,000)
- Apply for UNHCR Internship Program 2022
- NATO Defense College (NDC) Resident Fellowship Programme 2023
- WordPress Developer Needed at InMotion ICT Hub Limited
- Pan-Atlantic University Scholarship 2022 for Nigerian Students
- PwC Tech Talent Bootcamp for Young Nigerians
- Harvard University Aspire Leaders Program (Fully-funded)
- KPMG Africa Graduate Recruitment Program 2022 for young African graduates.