Where you Fit In:
As we transition to cleaner forms of energy, the challenge facing the energy industry in the coming decades is considerable. IT specialists are vital to how we leverage and deliver global digital solutions. You’re going to be a key part of the Shell Nigeria Service & Operations Management (SOM) team.
This team delivers secure, reliable, and affordable end to end IT operations to the Upstream, Integrated Gas, New Energies and Projects & Technology business. As IT professionals with a business lens our focus is to unlock value and accelerate Shell’s journey in energy transition. One Team mindset is a key part our culture. Our specific objective is to directly provide Information Technology services and infrastructure that enable achievement of Business Objectives and goals.
What’s the role?
The Offshore Support Engineer enables reliable and secure IT Operations in the Shell Nigeria IT space, by primarily supporting critical field telecoms services either Onshore or Offshore.The position provides services to meet the financial and operating performance targets of IT operations within the Nigeria Telecoms Operations Landscape (and associated support roles for PCD (Process Control Demand) and/or End User Computing Operations services).
Collaborates effectively with designated Lead (either Onshore Field Telecoms or offshore IT Support) and 3rd party vendors to ensure end-2-end delivery of Telecoms/IT services to support the actualization of the business plan.
What we need from you?
- Minimum Education or Certification: Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, Communications Engineering or Applied Sciences.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in IT service delivery and support, especially in Offshore IT Support.
- Knowledge of Security and Safety Critical equipment essential for SOLAS (Safety of life at Sea).
- Knowledge of Offshore communication technologies and equipment.
- Experience in Telemetry and Navigational systems.
- Very good knowledge of microwave and mobile (preferably Motorola) radio systems.
- Working knowledge of close circuit Television (CCTV) and Public Address and General Alarm (PAGA) systems, Intrusion detection systems.
- Background in computer and telecoms industry is ideal.
- Proven record of delivering against stretched targets.
- Demonstrable ability to engage effectively with all levels in Business & IT
- Ability to work in offshore (Deep and Shallow water) and onshore environments.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
Shell does not request monetary payments (e.g. insurance policy, visa/work permit, HUET or HSSE training, special job offer, etc.) for employment. Individuals who are interested in opportunities within the Shell Group will find open positions listed on the company websites www.shell.com/careers when available.Shell does not make use of employment forms; neither does the Company process CVs that have not been submitted through the proper websites: www.shell.com/careers.
All successful applicants who receive an offer of employment from Shell would have been required to go through a formal and transparent recruitment process.To learn more about Shell’s recruitment process please visit our website www.shell.com/careers.Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company DescriptionAn innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
- Remote User Interface Designer Needed at Thirteen Eleven Technology & Design
- The Afrinvest Analyst Programme 2023 for Young Graduates.
- United Nations Young Professionals Programme 2023 For Young Graduates
- Digital Marketer Needed at iLot
- Remote WordPress Developer Needed at Turing
- Innovate Now Africa Assistive Technology Accelerator Program 2023 for African Startups
- Standard Chartered Women in Tech Incubation Programme 2023 for Zambian women entrepreneurs ($10,000 equity-free grant)
- MTN Foundation, AFG unveil Digital Empowerment Programme for Women SMEs
- Call for Applications: GABI Studentprenuer Awards 2022 for Nigerian Students (Win N1.5m worth of prizes)
- Future Academy Tech Scholarship and Boot Camp for Young Africans in 2023
- IT Intern Needed at Procter & Gamble