MTN Foundation and Africa Foresight Group (AFG) have launched a campaign to equip women entrepreneurs across Ghana with digital skills and support in the current economic climate.
The programme tagged #OhemaaGoDigital amplifies the voice that every woman entrepreneur should be supported with technology to stay at the top of her business.
Digitization is a stepping stone to increasing brand awareness, growth and also revenue for businesses.
As part of the initiative to help more female-owned businesses go digital, MTN will donate GHc8000 worth of airtime and data, 36 smartphones and 1,200 shirts to seamstresses, hairdressers, traders, bakers and other women entrepreneurs across the country in partnership with AFG.
#OhemaaGoDigital will further organise training sessions for these women entrepreneurs to boost their digital skills to enhance their business in the current economy.
Speaking on the campaign, Roger Akayesi, Head of Marketing and Communications at AFG shares, “Social Media is an invaluable tool to help businesses grow and we are proud to lead this initiative that encourages and supports female entrepreneurs to use technology to stay on the top of their business, improve their livelihood and generally enrich their lives.”
Cynthia Mills, Advisor, Portfolio (Economic Empowerment) at MTN Foundation said: “MTN Ghana has always backed projects that highlight the marginalised and vulnerable in the society. Women have not had the easiest path to entrepreneurship or to gaining economic independence, with the Ohemaa Go Digital Campaign, we hope to encourage women to use Social Media as a vital tool of entrepreneurship to promote their businesses.”
To put the spotlight on women entrepreneurs in our local communities, the general public is encouraged to nominate hardworking women whose businesses can benefit from going digital.
Here’s a simple way to participate in #OhemaaGoDigital to stand a chance of winning big:
- Spot a local female business owner whether it is the hairdresser giving hair goals, the baker feeding you the best way she can, the seamstresses who have impeccable taste in fashion design or the caterer with the best recipes.
- Upload a video of the woman entrepreneur, tagging @africaforesightgroup and using #OhemaaGoDigital on social media to describe their business and how digital tools will help them advance.
- The videos will be reviewed by a committee before winners are chosen based on set criteria.
Ohemaa, let’s go digital to boost your business with #OhemaaGoDigital.
Applications will end on Dec 3, 2022
- IT Intern Needed at Procter & Gamble
- NLNG Graduate Trainee Program 2023 for Young Nigerians
- Tourism Hackathon Nigeria 2022 (All-expense paid trip to Madrid, Spain)
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Engineers 2022
- New York Times Newsroom Fellowship Programme 2023 (Paid position)
- Google EMEA 2023 Internship Application Now Opened
- Apply: Remote Tech Internship at Skibble
- Call for Applications: Outsource Global Free Software and Data Analytics Training
- Tamkeen Young Entrepreneur Program 2022
- Call for Applications: The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment 2022
- Apply for the Walmart Data Science Bootcamp – Fall 2022