Deadline: December 10, 2022
We are looking to hire a UI/UX Designer to join our team working closely with our developer and projects team to come up with creative, innovative and futuristic designs for our clients and their brand’s website. The person to fill this role will work remotely with our team and has a project-based work structure.
The UI/UX Designer joining our team will be primarily tasked with developing wireframes and mockups for our web experience projects, gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements, market research and building navigation components. This includes both website design and website redesign projects.
Our primary goal when designing and developing our websites is to interpret the client’s vision and bring it to life in our designs. The designer should be able to interpret briefs and clients and transform them into designs that speak to the client’s goal.
- Develop original UI mockups, wireframes, storyboards, process flows, sitemaps, and user flows that clearly illustrate the website’s functions and looks, based on the client’s needs.
- Illustrate original design ideas using storyboards, process flows, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, and mockups.
- Design original graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets.
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, patterns, backgrounds and tables).
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images.
- Plan and implement new designs.
- Optimise existing user interface designs.
- Conduct user, competitor and market research to gain an understanding of the user requirements and designs that work for the project’s users.
- Incorporating customer feedback, usage metrics, and usability findings into design in order to enhance user experience and conduct layout adjustments.
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements.
- Collaborate with product, management and development teams.
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback.
- Meet deadlines for projects.
- Must be skilled in mockup tools. Figma preferably.
- Must have proven work experience as a UI Designer or a similar role.
- Must have a keen eye for aesthetics and great design.
- Must submit a CV and UI design creative portfolio which must include links to past projects.
- Must have a University degree in a relevant field.
- Must be able to clearly articulate your ideas, designs, and suggestions; Interpret design needs, discuss and explain design options.
- Must have design thinking and a user-centric mindset.
- Must have Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Good time-management skills and meeting deadlines for projects.
- Must have a workable knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop enough to deliver the designs for the project.
- Must be detail-oriented, a problem solver and customer-centred.
- Must have at least a basic knowledge of any website development software e.g WordPress, Wix, Webflow, Squarespace or HTML5 & CSS3.
- Must be able to understand our client’s business metrics and have the ability to translate the company’s goals and objectives into digital experiences.
- Must have a workable knowledge of Google Drive, Docs, Meet, Calendar, and Sheets.
- The Afrinvest Analyst Programme 2023 for Young Graduates.
- United Nations Young Professionals Programme 2023 For Young Graduates
- Digital Marketer Needed at iLot
- Remote WordPress Developer Needed at Turing
- Innovate Now Africa Assistive Technology Accelerator Program 2023 for African Startups
- Standard Chartered Women in Tech Incubation Programme 2023 for Zambian women entrepreneurs ($10,000 equity-free grant)
- MTN Foundation, AFG unveil Digital Empowerment Programme for Women SMEs
- Call for Applications: GABI Studentprenuer Awards 2022 for Nigerian Students (Win N1.5m worth of prizes)
- Future Academy Tech Scholarship and Boot Camp for Young Africans in 2023
- IT Intern Needed at Procter & Gamble