Applications are now open for the African Food Fellowship Systems Leadership Programme. Here’s how to apply:
Application Deadline: September 18, 2022
The African Food Fellowship is made up of leaders, practitioners, and influencers across the food system. These are people able to see the bigger picture, fuelled by an ambition for impact, a hunger for action and an understanding of how to make change happen. You’ll see yourself as a like-minded leader, keen to join an ever-expanding movement of change-makers.
Join 40 leaders from Agri-Finance, Aquaculture and Horticulture on a world-class leadership development programme hosted by Wageningen University & Research, and Wasafiri Consulting. The Food Systems Leadership Programme will help unleash your leadership for transforming food systems. It will inspire and challenge you to grow as a leader, better able to drive change and deliver impact.
Are you a leader fuelled by an ambition for impact and a hunger for action? Are you working in the fields of Agri-Finance, Aquaculture and Horticulture? Do you meet the following requirements:
- A legal resident of Kenya (non-nationals are also eligible).
- 45 years of age or younger.
- Fluent reading and writing English.
- Willing and able to commit 4 hours per week.
Please note that the participation fee for this programme is 94,800.00 Kenyan Shillings, payable in two installments. A limited number of scholarships are available.
- You’ll join a cohort of 40 leaders on a world class Food Systems Leadership programme, starting in November.
- The 10-month programme will be delivered online, with informal meetups and assignments to visit other rFellows, organisations and businesses.
- Your time investment will be an average of 4 hours per week.
- Upon completion, you’ll be awarded a Certificate of Commitment to Food Systems Transformation from Wageningan University and Research. You’ll also graduate into the African Food Fellowship.
- Join a professional network of food systems leaders across the continent.
- Gain cutting-edge knowledge on food system change through expert faculty and mentors.
- Acquire world-class tools and capabilities to lead systems change.
- Learn from leading innovators, influencers and practitioners.
- Build your profile to inspire other changemakers to action.
- The 2022 cohort will comprise 40 Fellows, working across the fields of Agri-Finance, Aquaculture and Horticulture.
- Your leadership journey will commence in November and continue for ten months of inspiring, action-oriented learning, culminating with graduation into the Kenya Food Fellowship and a life-long professional association of change-makers.
- Module 1 – Fundamentals of Food Systems Leadership: Transforming food systems, the institutional eco-system, systems leadership, the Fellowship.
- Module 2 – Deep Dive into Leadership: Systems leadership concepts, tools and competencies, leadership in African food and agriculture, personal leadership stories.
- Module 3 – Deep Dive into Food Systems: Food system analysis, foresight for food system transformation, developing impact strategies.
- Module 4 – Making System Change Happen: Changemaker mindset, frameworks for systemcraft, identifying leverage points and pathways for change.
- Module 5 – Systems Action: Prototyping systems action projects, collaborative design and learning processes, peergroup coaching, technical mentoring.
- Module 6 – Individual Reflection & Collective Sensemaking: Transitioning into a lifelong professional association of leaders and changemakers. Upon completion, you’ll be awarded a Certificate of Commitment to Food Systems Transformation from Wageningan University and Research. You’ll also graduate into the African Food Fellowship
How to Apply
- Complete the application form here: https://africanfoodfellowship.org/application/index.html
- Within one week, you’ll receive a confirmation that your application has been received. Apply early, as we expect a high volume of applications.
- The application deadline is 18 September 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to 90 minute group interviews.
- Interviews will be held between 23 September and 5 October 2022. Interview dates and times will be scheduled with shortlisted candidates as early as possible.
- The participation fee for this programme is 94.800,00 Kenyan Shillings. The fee can be paid in 2 instalments (60,000 Ksh due before 1 November 2022, 34,800 due before 1 April 2023). A limited number of scholarships are available.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the African Food Fellowship Systems Leadership Program 2022
- Vital Voices (VV) GROW Fellowship 2023 for Women Entrepreneurs (Scholarship available)
- United Nations Academic Impact/MCN Millennium Fellowship Class of 2023
- Apply for the Tetrix Challenge 2022 & Win a trip around the World
- Nuffic MENA Scholarship Program 2023 to Study in the Netherlands (Fully Funded)
- British Council IELTS Prize 2022 (Win £3,000)
- Call for Entry: Meta’s AR/VR Africa Boot Camp 2022 for African XR Talents.