Deadline: January 5, 2023
Applications are open for the 2023 Global Volunteer Program at Slum2School Africa. The Slum2School Africa Global Volunteer programme provides an opportunity for individuals from Africa and around the world who are willing to create transformational change in African communities through a series of initiatives that help them build their network, gain practical skills, improve their resume, develop a sense of purpose, increase self-confidence and maximise their potential.
Are you interested in accelerating childcare development, building learning programs, constructing education centres, raising funds and building partnerships to ensure that every child gets access to quality education? As a volunteer with Slum2School Africa, you can positively impact your country while working alongside local and international volunteers from around the world.
Why volunteer with Slum2School Africa?
- Slum2School Africa as a volunteer-driven organisation has provided educational scholarships, built various learning centres and supported over 625,000 underserved children by enabling them to gain access to quality education, entrepreneurial and technological skills, psycho-social and medical support in the last 10 years.
- Volunteers are invaluable assets to the work at Slum2School Africa, particularly at the community level, where they usher in greater ownership of programmes and projects.
- By volunteering for Slum2School, you can share your knowledge of local languages and culture and bring an insider’s understanding of social conditions.
- As a volunteer, you will positively impact your community while working alongside individuals with shared interests worldwide.
- By volunteering, you will not only be making a huge impact in the lives of underserved children living in slums and remote communities, but also in your personal development.
- An opportunity to make a difference and be a part of the dynamic and global Slum2School Africa Community.
- Connect and network with a diverse range of amazing people creating social change.
- Improve your leadership and project management skills and boost your career options.
- Gain practical skills.
- Gain recognition for your impact and recommendation where necessary.
- Volunteer positions are always part-time, non-paid and you will be expected to serve in one of 40+ teams with other dynamic professionals who share similar interests.
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Slum2School Global Volunteer Recruitment is open to individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Are above 16 years on or before the application deadline.
- Applicants can be resident anywhere in the world.
- Availability for projects, programs and other learning interventions.
- A valid means of identification.
Complete the application form properly and are available to undergo all other recruitment and engagement processes.
Criteria for Selection
The following criteria will be used to evaluate applications:
- Ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and to respect the opinions of others.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- An energetic, positive attitude.
- Strong alignment with organisational values.
- Be passionate about children and community development
Volunteer positions are highly competitive, always part-time, non-paid, and you will be expected to serve in one of 30+ teams with other dynamic professionals who share similar interests and skills. You are encouraged to complete all parts of this form, so feel free to express yourself to the best of your ability.
Click here to apply.
- The Ericsson Nigeria Graduate Program 2023 for young Nigerian graduates.
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards 2023/2024 for Nigerians to Study Abroad (Fully Funded)
- UI / UX Designer Needed at Beacon Power Services
- The Afrinvest Analyst Programme 2023 for Young Graduates.
- United Nations Young Professionals Programme 2023 For Young Graduates
- Digital Marketer Needed at iLot
- Remote WordPress Developer Needed at Turing
- Innovate Now Africa Assistive Technology Accelerator Program 2023 for African Startups
- Standard Chartered Women in Tech Incubation Programme 2023 for Zambian women entrepreneurs ($10,000 equity-free grant)
- MTN Foundation, AFG unveil Digital Empowerment Programme for Women SMEs
- Call for Applications: GABI Studentprenuer Awards 2022 for Nigerian Students (Win N1.5m worth of prizes)
- Future Academy Tech Scholarship and Boot Camp for Young Africans in 2023
- IT Intern Needed at Procter & Gamble
Never miss an opportunity again. Join our Telegram Group to stay up-to-date