The Nigerian Ports Authority is a federal government agency that governs and operates the ports of Nigeria. The major ports controlled by the NPA include: the Lagos Port Complex and Tin Can Island Port in Lagos, Calabar Port, Delta Port, Rivers Port at Port Harcourt and Onne Port.
Applications are invited for:
Title: 2022 World Maritime Day Essay Competition (Topic: New Technologies for Greener Shipping in Line with the 2022 World Maritime Day)
- The Maritime Day essay competition which is open to Senior Secondary School Students is celebrated annually by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and Member States as part of measures and avenue to discuss critical issues, challenges and prospects within the Maritime Sector Worldwide.
The following are the guidelines for the competition:
- The essay competition is open to Senior Secondary School Students.
- Participants should as a matter of necessity attach proof of their studentship while submitting their essays
- Essay should be crafted in English Language only
- Minimum of 250 and Maximum of 500 words
- Essay must be typed in 12pt Microsoft word .
- Essay should be accompanied by a cover page with the name of school, student class, age and contact details (gsm and email)
- Images or quotes from other sources to boost the essay are welcome.
Prizes and Awards
- 1st Position: N500,000 Education Grant plus a laptop and plague + publication of the winning essay in the NPA Today and the NPA website
- 2nd Position: N300,000 Education Grant plus a laptop & a plagues
- 3rd Position: N200,000 plus a laptop & a plague
- 7 Consolation Awards of N100,000 plus a plague.
Application Closing Date
23rd September, 2022.
- Essays which do not follow the above guidelines will be disqualified
- Only successful participants will be contacted.
- Essay submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Winners will be notified within one week after the deadline
- Prizes and Awards will be presented a date to be announced.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their entries via: [email protected] .