Applications are now open for the Liveable Young Entrepreneurship and Leadership Program 2023. Here’s how to apply:
The Young Entrepreneurship and Leadership Programme has announced the launch of the YELP programme with support from Liveable.
Call for Applications
The YELP program wants to bring the most talented and ambitious young people in Nigeria, Nairobi and Kampala into a program track that’ll enable them to hone their entrepreneurial and leadership skills solving a problem that has seemed almost impossible to solve.
It is a program for thinkers and doers who want to go on to build businesses as entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs or leaders of nonprofits solving Africa’s problems that are related to efficient and sustainable living in 3-5 years.
The program seeks to ensure that ambitious and committed people can solve a problem that has seemed almost impossible to solve.
Although the primary location of engagement is in Lagos, Nigeria, interested candidates living outside Lagos should apply.
- Year 1-2 Technical and self-leadership training plus hands-on, engaging work.
- Year 2-3 Team Leadership, Project Ownership and Industry Mentorship.
- Year 4-5 Business creation support in partnership with their investor network.
- Be between 18-45 years of age
- The program is for young people who are passionate and committed to solving a major problem related to Africa in the next 5 years, even if they are not actively solving it yet.
- Graduates from a university in any course with either formal, informal or volunteer experience.
The areas are for entrepreneurial leaders to enable them to express their problem-solving and leadership skills.
These roles include but are not limited to:
- Digital and Traditional
- Content & Copywriting
- Social Media
- Community Management
- Media Production etc
- Real estate management
- Project Management
- B2C Sales
- B2B Sales
- Product Design & Development
- Product Management
- YELPers get a competitive salary and performance bonus in year 1.
- They would also have the opportunity to branch out to build a business and will be able to apply to get funding support.
Timeline of Events
- Application Deadline – January 8th, 2023
- Interviews will be held on the 22nd of January, 2023
- Offer letters and acceptance will be between the 20th of January, 2023 to the 24th of January, 2023.
- Program Start Date – February 9, 2023
- Call for Applications: Mastercard Summer Internship 2023
- Social Media Intern Needed at iBrandTV
- Remote Digital Marketing Specialist Needed at ipayBTC
- Urgent: Remote UI/UX Designers Needed at Geria(dot)io
- Polaris Bank Digital Skill Acquisition Program – DIGICORPER 2023 for Nigerian NYSC Corps Members (Fully-funded)
- Call for Applications: Google Career Certificate Scholarship Program 2023
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2024 (Masters & Ph.D.) Scholarships for study in the United States (Fully Funded)
- Standard Bank Cloud Computing Internship Programme 2023 for Young Africans (R10000 per month)
- Contract Copywriter Needed at Prospa