The big picture: Axios is a thriving, fast-growing media organization dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news in an audience-first format. We offer a mix of original and smartly narrated coverage of media trends, tech, business, and other major topics in the most efficient and shareable ways using our original Smart Brevity format. We’re offering the position of Editorial Intern to an early-career journalist who is eager to produce great stories and learn more about the editorial world.
At Axios — the Greek word for worthy — we provide only content worthy of readers’ time, attention, and trust.
The details: Our Editorial Intern will work closely with our world news team to research and write world news stories for our site and newsletter. The internship is an opportunity to hone news judgment, researching, reporting, writing and editing skills and to collaborate across the team.
About you: You value working with smart, ambitious colleagues in an environment where you will learn invaluable skills to carry with you. You are early in your journalism career, and you’re eager to learn more in an internship where you’ll have the opportunity to build a portfolio of strong, professional-level work.
- You possess exceptional writing and communication skills
- You have a wildly collaborative spirit
- You have a strong interest in Axios and our unique style
- You are interested in world news and foreign policy
- 10-week paid program beginning in June
- Mentorship and Lunch & Learns with Axios Executives
- We are seeking interns for our Communications, Talent Acquisition, Events, Editorial Illustration, Editorial, Brand Design, Data Engineering, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Learning & Development and Production teams
If this sounds exciting, apply today with your resume and complete the application question fields.
Pay rate for this role is $17/hr and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
- Apply: HotNigerianJobs Is Looking for 10 Data Entry Officers in Nigeria
- Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship Award 2023 is Now Open for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- Remote Data Analyst Internship at Axios ($17/hr Payment)
- WomEng GirlEng Technovation Camp 2023
- World Trade Organization Essay Competition 2023 (CHF 5,000 Prize & Funded Trip to UK )
- Alx Full-stack Software Engineering Training for Africans
- Call for Applications: TERAWORK N5 million Business Grant 2023 for Entrepreneurs, SMEs and Startups
- The Sahara Group 2023 Graduate Management Trainee Program for young graduates.
Never miss an opportunity again. Join our Telegram Group or WhatsApp Group