The big picture: Axios is a rapidly growing digital media and tech company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format.
We offer a mix of original and smartly narrated coverage of media trends, tech, business, and other major topics in the most efficient and shareable ways using our original Smart Brevity format.
At Axios — the Greek word for worthy — we provide only content worthy of readers’ time, attention, and trust.
Why you matter: You believe that the truth matters now more than ever and the idea of joining a high-growth media company excites you! You’re passionate about the evolution of the media and tech industries and want to be part of a team that’s shaping the future.
You place value in working with smart, ambitious colleagues in an environment where you will learn invaluable skills to carry with you.
The details: Our Data Analyst Intern will support Axios by developing product and business insights using the data focussed applications and pipelines that power our business.
This experience will provide an opportunity to work within a cross-functional data team and work collaboratively with other data analysts, data engineers, data quality engineers, and product managers in an agile environment.
You will get experience using big data technology to understand and inform Axios’s products and business. Some of the technologies you will work with include Looker, Redshift, AWS, Jupyter Notebooks and DBT.
- You are excited by data and its impact
- You are comfortable digging into something new and asking questions
- You exhibit strong attention to detail
- You possess exceptional communication skills
- You have a wildly collaborative spirit
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated to dive in and figure things out and proactively reach out for help when necessary
- Experienced telling stories with data
- Exposure to data visualization & business intelligence (BI) tools such as Looker, Google Data Studio, R-Shiny, Excel, Tableau, etc.
- Exposure to a programming language such as SQL, Python, R
- Basic understanding of descriptive statistics
- 10-week paid program beginning in June
- Mentorship and Lunch & Learns with Axios Executives
- We are seeking interns for our Communications, Talent Acquisition, Events, Editorial Illustration, Editorial, Brand Design, Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Data Visualization, Learning & Development, and Production teams
Pay rate for this role is $17/hr and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
- World Trade Organization Essay Competition 2023 (CHF 5,000 Prize & Funded Trip to UK )
- Alx Full-stack Software Engineering Training for Africans
- Call for Applications: TERAWORK N5 million Business Grant 2023 for Entrepreneurs, SMEs and Startups
- The Sahara Group 2023 Graduate Management Trainee Program for young graduates.
- GTCO Orange Tribe Graduate Trainee Program 2023 for Young Graduates.
- Fun Marathon: Access Bank Marathon 2023 (7 Million Naira for Grab)
- Accelerex is Hiring Software Developers (Backend)
- Entry-level UI/UX Designer Needed at PWC Africa
- The African Development Bank (AfDB) 2023 Virtual Internship Program for young Africans (Monthly Stipend Available)
- The BOI-LBS Entrepreneurship Development Program 2023 for Young Nigerians.
- Call for Applications: Side Hustle Digital Skills Bootcamp 7.0 for African Youths