Application Deadline: 20 February 2023.
The WomEng GirlEng Technovation Camp is currently open for 50 high potential Grade 9-11 high school girls interested in pursuing a career in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
The camp is a 4-day active learning workshop that aims to help girls think & act like STEM professionals. In the GirlEng Technovation Camp, you’ll get the inside scoop from female engineering & technology students and professionals, learn how to code, participate in robotics workshops, and learn about other future technologies.
In compliance with COVID-19 regulations, the camp will comprise of 50 girls running in March 2023.
The objective of the GirlEng Technovation Camp is to get girls to start thinking and acting like engineers.
This is achieved through personal development, STEM awareness & mentorship with female engineering students. A signature activity is our LaunchPad Activity, part of our #1MillionGirlsinSTEM global campaign which reframes the question of “What do you want to be when you grow up?” to “What problem/s do you want to solve?”. Girls also engage in participatory research on topics such as “Understanding Your Community and Your Role” and “Engineering Life: Coping with Pressures”. Workshops are designed for developing cognitive & behavioral skills.
- Be a Grade9–11 high school girl currently studying mathematics (compulsory) and science (recommended).
- Show a high interest in pursuing a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) career.
- Must be residing in Johannesburg or surrounding areas.
- Available for all four days of the workshop.
- Dates: 28 March–31 March 2023
- Venue: WomHub Office, Johannesburg
- Time: 08h00-16h00 (daily)
- Participants are selected through an application process. The application forms must be completed online. Shortlisted participants will be contacted before the 4th of March 2023
- Deadline for applications: 20 February 2023.
- Details pertaining to Group 2 of the Technovation Camp will be communicated soon,
For More Information: