About the THRIVE/Shell Climate-Smart Agriculture Challenge
The THRIVE | Shell Climate-Smart Agriculture Challenge seeks to discover and support top start-up and scale-up innovators driving the worldwide shift to climate-smart agriculture practices. The challenge is in line with Shell’s Powering Progress vision as well as the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. Apply today if your start-up or scale-up company fits one of the challenge themes listed below.
THRIVE/Shell Climate-Smart Agriculture Challenge Focus areas
The key goal of the challenge is to identify and promote innovations that help farmers to:
- ENHANCE LAND
Solutions that promote carbon sequestration and avoid emissions while improving soil health.
- CONNECT FARMS
Solutions to improve farm connectivity to access carbon markets and carbon financing.
- MEASURE SOIL
Solutions that measure and quantify soil carbon, soil health, and greenhouse gas emissions.
Benefits for winners
Winners will be selected to receive the following benefits:
Up to $100,000 in funding to develop a proof of concept*
- Eligible for investment
Considered or eligible for investment from Shell Ventures if investment criteria met
- SHELL gamechanger
Acceptance into the Shell GameChanger program with access to coaching and additional funding opportunities
- THRIVE top 50 fast-track
Receive automatic nomination for THRIVE’s TOP 50 AgTech & FoodTech Listings
- Market validation
Potential pilot opportunities with Shell
Gain brand recognition through THRIVE media and brand exposure across various channels
- Award-winning THRIVE accelerator
Selected applicants will secure placement in THRIVE’s Accelerator Program in 2024
- Mentorship & coaching
Access THRIVE’s extensive ecosystem of industry experts & receive focused startup coaching
- THRIVE ecosystem
Be shortlisted for future partnership opportunities with THRIVE’s network
The Climate-Smart Agriculture Challenge is open to start-ups and scale-ups located around the world
- Pre-seed to seed stage
- Start-ups will be screened based on:
- Novel – is the idea fundamentally different, disruptive and unproven?
- Valuable – could the idea create substantial new value if it works?
- Doable – is there a plan to prove the concept quickly and affordably?
- Relevant – is the idea relevant to the future of climate-smart agriculture.
- Series A +
- Proven scalability of a base business and formalized business model
- Detailed plan outlining:
- Marketing reach
- Team structure
- Key product offering
Deadline: December 11, 2022
- NLNG Graduate Trainee Program 2023 for Young Nigerians
- Tourism Hackathon Nigeria 2022 (All-expense paid trip to Madrid, Spain)
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Engineers 2022
- New York Times Newsroom Fellowship Programme 2023 (Paid position)
- Google EMEA 2023 Internship Application Now Opened
- Apply: Remote Tech Internship at Skibble
- Call for Applications: Outsource Global Free Software and Data Analytics Training
- Tamkeen Young Entrepreneur Program 2022
- Call for Applications: The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment 2022
- Apply for the Walmart Data Science Bootcamp – Fall 2022