Application into South African Reserve Bank Graduate Development Programme 2023/2024 for young South Africans.
Application Deadline:30 October 2022.
The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) is looking for talented postgraduates to join its one-year Graduate Development Programme in January 2023.
The SARB serves the economic well-being of South Africans through maintaining price and financial stability. It is responsible for the regulation of the South African financial sector, design and distribution of banknotes and coin, management of interest rates, setting the cash reserve requirement for banks and ensuring the stability of both the banking sector and the wider financial system.
Graduates will be placed in the Business Solutions and Technology Department (BSTD) at the SARB from January to December 2023. During the programme, graduates will attend various learning interventions, including technical training, at the SARB Academy. The programme offers opportunities for a Data Science track, and graduates will work in a Data Lab environment from time to time, on various use cases
To be considered as a SARB Graduate, candidates must have a postgraduate qualification or be in the process of completing a postgraduate qualification (ideally completed the course work) in one of the following fields:
- Data Science
- Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
- Predictive Analytics Modelling
- Applied Mathematics
- Economics with Econometrics
- Business Mathematics and Informatics
Prospective candidates must:
- be South African citizens;
- be curious, innovative and self-motivated individuals with strong analytical skills;
- have a proven track record of academic excellence, with an overall average mark of 70% and above;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Coding with R and Python (will be an added advantage).
- Graduates will receive a market-related salary and additional benefits for the duration of the programme.
All interested parties are invited to apply online via www.resbank.co.za
· All the available vacancies will be visible.
· Please follow these links: WORK @ SARB > Latest vacancies (register and apply online).
· Login (right-hand side of the screen):
– Is this your first visit to our Job Site? > Register today (Ensure that you include all your qualifications and skills during the registration process); or
– Already registered on our Job Site? > Already registered? > Login here.
· Select ‘Date posted’ > ‘Last 3 weeks’ (in the drop-down menu)
· Select the appropriate IRC number to view the full advertisement.
Please include a CV, copy of your academic transcript and your identity document with your application.
For More Information: