At Cavista, our mission is to empower organizations with the world’s best technology solutions. We ensure the highest level of client satisfaction through a global network of innovation, and our software solutions are custom-built to accommodate your domain and requirements.
Through world-class consultation, innovative IT solutions and personalized client services, Cavista increases operational efficiency for organizations of all sizes.
Cavista is searching for great talent in Lagos, Nigeria. We are an open, agile environment, where transparent conversation ignites collaboration with a team of great thinkers. In Cavista, everyone freely contributes, ideas override egos, and the best idea always wins.
We embrace new technologies and pride ourselves on sustainable and quality code. In our world, opportunity paired with imagination is limitless and we build what others can only hope to dream. We build the best because we hire only the best! We’ve created an atmosphere allowing you to produce your best work, by catering to the creative.
This is a full-time role and you can work from ANYWHERE.
- Develop new web applications using customized, open-source, and off-the-shelf applications and components.
- Maintain and enhance existing web applications and all internal integrated systems.
- Deliver new functionality and change requests for existing applications.
- Participate in the ongoing development of applications that meet the needs of our customers.
- Design and implement user-driven templates, databases, and interfaces (for ease of use).
- Develop database-driven web interfaces for rapid, real-time information sharing.
- Develop external web portals allowing users to input and retrieve accurate information.
- Help formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
- Conduct website performance tests.
- Troubleshoot content issues and monitor the performance of the live website.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years PHP development experience
- Recent versions of PHP (7.x preferred)
- Relational database setup and use (MySQL 5.6 or later)
- Experience with WordPress, Hooks, Theming and Plugins
- Git version control knowledge and experience using tools including Mercurial and SVN.
- Experience with RESTful API usage and implementation; experience creating/documenting an API is a plus
- Experience with Redis (or other NoSQL key-value store) is a plus
- Server and site performance optimization experience is a plus
- Preferred full-stack developer, but willing to mentor on needed areas
Cavista offers even more
- Competitive Compensation.
- 5 – day workweek.
- Competitive Health Insurance (Employee + Spouse + 4 children).
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Training Programs
- Growth and Development
- Remote working and IT Assets provided for Remote employees
- Mentoring and Counseling
- Referral Bonus
- Work from Anywhere – Flexibility that allows you to work where you are most comfortable, whether at home, at work, or a combination of both.
- Remote Full-time Copywriter Needed at Dandy
- Remote Frontend Engineer Needed at The Bulb Africa
- Remote and On-site Interns Needed at Paymish for Digital Positions
- Remote Content Writer Needed at SearchEye
- Remote Back-end Developer Developer Needed at GoodTalent Co.
- Remote Data Scientist Needed at Okra Ng