About NLNG Scholarship
Nigeria LNG Limited remains focused on education and human capital development as areas of special significance because these two areas are intrinsic and fundamental to national development.
NLNG has three main levels of scholarship schemes which include:
- #1. NLNG Post Primary Scholarship
- #2. NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship
- #3. NLNG Overseas Post Graduate Scholarship
#1. NLNG Post Primary Scholarship
The scheme aims at assisting high-performing basic six pupils in the company’s host communities to access post-primary education. The scheme kicked off in 2012 with 28 beneficiaries and, by 2019, it had grown to 342 beneficiaries with a total sum of N825,300,000 ($2.697m) expended to date.
Prospective pupils are admitted to the scheme through an application on the company’s website based on advertised criteria. A selection test is then conducted to place the best top candidates onto the scheme.
Any prospective beneficiary must meet the following requirements:
- Be an indigene of NLNG host communities.
- Be a basic 5 or 6 pupil
- Provide his/her Basic Five result
- Must provide an attestation letter signed & stamped by the Head Teacher of his/her school (contact number of the Head Teacher also to be included)
- Provide an indigene confirmation letter signed by the CDC Chairman or Chief in his/her community.
- Provide a letter of identification from his/her Local Government Council.
- Not be a child or ward of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited.
#2. NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship
This was founded as a critical component of our education intervention program for our host communities in 1998 and was opened up to the rest of Nigeria in 2003.
A total of 3,416 undergraduates from various universities in Nigeria have benefited from the scheme and N768.9m ($2.5130m) million has been invested in it. The introduction of online applications and the use of social media (Facebook) for information dissemination in 2012 made the selection process more efficient and cost-effective, and increased awareness of the Scheme.
The scholarship award value is N150, 000 per annum for the course duration of each awardee. The scheme was reviewed from 150 beneficiaries a year to 300 starting from the 2018/2019 academic year.
Any prospective beneficiary must:
- Have excellent/very good West Africa School Certificate (WASC) or National Examination Council (NECO) result at ONE sitting
- Have a top score at the Joint Admissions & Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination
- Be a certified Full-Time Year-One student of any Nigerian University at the time of application
- Not be on any other Scholarship Award from other companies or agencies
- Not be a spouse, child, ward or direct relation of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited
How to Apply for NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship 2022
Interested persons should follow the link below to apply. All applications MUST include the following scanned copies as attachments:
- Passport-sized photographs
- WASC or NECO result
- JAMB Result
- University admission letter
- University student ID card
- LGA Letter of identification
- Applicants must fill in valid contact details as these will be used to communicate the status of the application
- The application will be disqualified:
- For incomplete attachments
- Non-adherence to advertised criteria.
#3. NLNG Overseas Post Graduate Scholarship
This scheme was launched in October 2012 with an annual intake of 15 beneficiaries to study in leading UK universities.
The scheme covers these areas of study: Environmental Studies, Engineering, Management, Accountancy, Economics, Information Technology, Geology, Banking, Law, and Medicine.
The 2019 awardees have commenced their programs in various UK universities. 78 persons have so far benefited from the scheme with a total expenditure of N1.308b ($4.27m).
To be taken at (country): Scholarships are available in the following UK Universities: University of Aberdeen, University of Cranfield.
Field of Study:
- Renewable Energy
- Environmental Studies
- Management Sciences
- Information Technology
- Have a provisional admission from select UK institutions to study any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Information Technology, Law, Medicine
- Possess a minimum of 2nd Class Upper degree in a relevant field of study
- Have completed the NYSC programme
- Not less than a 8.0 IELTS
- Be no more than 30 years of age
- Be Nigerian nationals resident in Nigeria
- Provide identification documents from their LGAs
- Possess an international passport valid for travel at least one year from September 2018
- Be able to obtain a tier-4 visa upon being successful
- Provide evidence that they are available to travel in September 2018 if selected
- Not be a direct relative of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited
Step by Step Guide on How to Apply for NLNG Scholarships 2022
To apply for NLNG Scholarships successfully, follow the procedures below.
- Visit NLNG Scholarships official website and select a form for eligible category.
- Select your category (e.g Undergraduate)
- Once you select a category, click on “REGISTER”, you’ll be redirected to the application form
- Once you’re done filling the form, Click on “SUBMIT” Please review the form before you submit to affirm all information are correct