Applications are now open for the The MTN ACE Economic Empowerment Program for Young Africans. Here’s how to apply:
Application Deadline: January 13, 2023
MTN ACE is a nationwide youth-centered economic empowerment program that impacts the relevant skills and creates opportunities for the youth. The program is designed for fresh graduates, those in and out of school, innovators, entrepreneurs well as tech-driven start-ups.
MTN ACE Economic Empowerment Program constitute:
- Ace Tech which focuses on upskilling the youth interested in tech-related innovations.
- Ace Career which seeks to empower fresh graduates with workplace skills and internship placement.
- Ace Skilling which is tailor-made for the youths who are in or out of school to equip them with entrepreneurial skills.
The MTN ACE initiative is an invention of the MTN Uganda Foundation, executed in partnership with; the Ministry of ICT & National Guidance, The National ICT Innovation Hub, Centenary Technology Services, Refactory, MUBS Entrepreneurship Innovation, and Incubation Centre, as well as MTN’s Fintech subsidiary, MTN MoMo Uganda Limited.
- The program is delivered by Refactory whose focus is on skilling work ready talent for software engineering and related disciplines. The program trains both entry level and experienced digital innovators that are looking to upskill both their programming and entrepreneurial skills. The hub creates an environment for ICT innovators facing challenges with workspace, limited internet connectivity and searching for creative spaces that spur thinking. MTN Foundation equip the space and facilitates training, coaching and mentorship for startups.
- The program targets Ugandans with an innovative idea solving real life problems across all sectors, with specific key priority areas of Uganda’s Vision2040 – National Development Priorities i.e., Agriculture, Tourism & Trade, Minerals & Energy, Health, Education, Refugee/Host Communities and the Justice, Law and Order sector.
- The initiative provides a three-month soft skills training and internship placement for fresh graduates.
- Graduates will be placed at MTN Uganda to do internship for a period of three months.
- The training and coaching implementing partner is Makerere University Business School Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship Centre (MUBS-EIIC).
The MTN Foundation has launched a youth skilling program aimed at equipping the youth with the right practical knowledge and skills that will enable them to provide innovative ICT solutions to solve community problems amidst the evolving digital world.
The program will focus on skills that will drive co-creation of innovative digital products and solutions to solve Uganda’s biggest problems in Education, Youth Empowerment, Health and Agriculture. It will be implemented in partnership with Ubunifu systems, a software development and ICT innovation firm.
- Call for Applications: Google Career Certificate Scholarship Program 2023
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2024 (Masters & Ph.D.) Scholarships for study in the United States (Fully Funded)
- Standard Bank Cloud Computing Internship Programme 2023 for Young Africans (R10000 per month)
- Contract Copywriter Needed at Prospa
- Call for Application: NITDA in Partnership with Coursera Scholarship 2023 (Tech Learning Pathway)
- Call for Application: NITDA in Partnership with Coursera Scholarship 2023 (Career Readiness Pathway)
- Call for Applications: Shell ASSESSED Internship Program 2023 for Young Africans
- Prospa is Hiring Graduate Trainees
- The Ericsson Nigeria Graduate Program 2023 for young Nigerian graduates.
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards 2023/2024 for Nigerians to Study Abroad (Fully Funded)
- UI / UX Designer Needed at Beacon Power Services
Never miss an opportunity again. Join our Telegram Group or WhatsApp Group