Applications are now open for Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2023. Here’s how to apply:
Deadline: September 25, 2022
Applications are open for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships at University of Cape Town 2023. The University of Cape Town (UCT) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars’ Program: an educational initiative that provides academically talented young people from economically disadvantaged communities in Africa with access to quality university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UCT provides full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate or postgraduate (honours and master’s) degree-seeking applicants. The scholarships ensure a premium educational package that will produce graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognised and locally applicable, and whose transition into the workforce is underpinned by values of engaged citizenship and social justice.
These scholarships cover the full period of study and are renewable annually subject to satisfactory performance and participation in the activities and opportunities offered by the programme. Successful candidates will be required to commit themselves to returning to their home countries and to invest their gained skills and education in their country’s social and economic growth.
Mastercard Foundation Scholarships
The scholarship includes:
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid and accommodation.
- A relevant and recognised education through academic curricula aimed at producing graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognised and locally applicable.
- Academic and peer mentor support – to ensure that each Scholar successfully progresses academically.
- An array of cultural and transition support and training aimed at academic and professional enrichment and assisting in the challenges facing university going students.
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning – career guidance and support for transition to further study or the workforce.
- Leadership development and training.
- Alumni networks for further support.
Eligibility Mastercard Foundation Scholarships
- Be a citizen of an African country;
- Be admitted to a postgraduate Masters program (Research only) and commence with their first year of registration in the Engineering and the Built Environment, Commerce, Health Sciences, Humanities, Law, or Sciences faculties at UCT;
- Be from an economically disadvantaged background, demonstrate financial need, and leadership potential;
- Applicants who intend to register for a second Masters postgraduate degree at the same level are ineligible to apply for this scholarship;
- Applicants who have previously registered for Masters postgraduate degree at any higher learning institution are ineligible to apply for this scholarship.
Selection Criteria for Mastercard Foundation Scholarships
- Academically talented – value learning and are driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged – facing significant financial barriers to completing their education.
- Committed to giving back – investing in their communities, using the skills and knowledge that they have acquired.
- Future leaders – committed to embracing ethical leadership and making a positive change in their home communities.
How to Apply for Mastercard Foundation Scholarships
In order to apply for The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, applicants must first apply to the University of Cape Town for academic study and placement. Only applicants, who have applied for academic study and placement to UCT, can submit an application for a Mastercard Foundation scholarship.
Click here to apply
- Eskom 2022 Internship Programme For African Students And Graduates
- AgroHack Challenge 2022 for Young Nigerian Agriculture Entrepreneurs.
- Innocent C. Chukwuma Award For Social Impact
- Accounting Intern, Front-end and Back-end Engineer Needed at Oystr Finance
- She Loves Tech Global Startup Competition 2022 women-led and women-impact startups
- Junior UI/ UX, Front End, PHP Developer & Mobile Developers Needed at Pruvia Integrated Limited
- SAP Young Professionals Program 2022 for young African graduates.
WANT MORE? JOIN OUR CHANNEL