Intelsat MaxIQ Space STEM Program for African Youth.Intelsat, in collaboration with MaxIQ Space, is offering their Space STEM program to teens across Africa.
This rigorous program, announced during World Space Week, is mission one of a three-mission space program that concludes in students designing, building, and launching experiments into space!
MaxIQ Space chooses thirty participants from hundreds of applicants. These participants will all receive an Intelsat MaxIQ kit at their residence and will be able to participate in live virtual workshops and Q&A sessions with subject matter experts. The children do experiments and complete homework while learning about Space, STEM, and sustainability, culminating in payload and satellite idea design.
Intelsat supports the participants of all the programs since conception in 2020 with an Alumni group. Each year, those who successfully complete mission 1 are invited to join the Alumni. Only Alumni members are invited to participate in further Intelsat-funded missions.
- October 2023 – announcement of 2024 program launch
- Applications close end December 2023
- Program commences in February 2024
For those who are selected – Getting Started:
- MaxIQ Kit – Once you have received your kit, you’ll find all the information you need at this link.
- Canvas – You will receive an email invitation to Canvas, please create yourself an account and accept this course invitation. The whole program is delivered using Canvas, please make sure you have this ready for the first session.
- Zoom – All workshops are held using Zoom. Please make sure you have access to Zoom and a web connection so that you can participate.
For more Information: Visit the website for Intelsat MaxIQ Space STEM Programme
- SkillPaddy FCMB Global Entrepreneurship Week Fund For SMEs (N1Million Business Grant)
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship (QECS) 2024
- Lagos State Agripreneurship Training Programme 2024
- Call for Applications: Africa Teach4SDGs program Cohort 3
- Puma Energy : Global Graduate Program 2024 for young graduates
- Watson Institute Ford Fund Fellowship for Young Entrepreneurs 2024