We are looking for an outstanding Web Developer to be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of our website. Web developer responsibilities include building our website from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and function.
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications, and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
Expectations in the first week
- Understand the various practices and processes followed in the team.
- Familiarize yourself with the different stacks and products.
Expectations in the first month
- Build a codebase using different web framework for one product feature.
- Document and run tests to enhance product performance.
Expectations in the first six months
- Take feedback and improve the codebase for future upgrades.
- Lead development initiatives for other features.
Experience & Skills
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Proficient in My SQL, MongoDB, Postgree Sql.
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- BS in computer science or a related field
- Experience working remotely and coordinating tech initiatives with different teams to deliver projects.
- Worked at any stage startup or have developed projects of their own ideas.
- Strong knowledge of software development approaches, principles, and flows
- Experience working on large, complex web and mobile apps
- Ability to create and maintain smooth continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline of web applications
- Understanding of website best principles and design aesthetics
- A positive mindset and continuous-learning attitude
- Stay updated with new updates, technologies, and news of web
- Ability to solve issues and contribute to libraries as and when needed
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate strategy
- Familiarity with modern front-end tools and building pipelines
- A collaborative approach to build apps and solve complex problems
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Client-focused approach with a goal of creating user-centric designs
- Good interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Ability to write clean, well-documented code that follows good coding practices
Salary & Benefits
- Salary between $1000 to $1500 per month,
- Paid Leaves
- Flexible Working Hours
- Bonus and incentives
- 40 hours a week
- Premium insurance, private health insurance
- MacBook M1 Pro provided
- 22 annual leaves, paid time off
- Tax payment (maximum 10% of salary)
- Some benefits if you’ll work as a full-time regular employee
- Special events, occasions celebrations, and gift.
- Graphics Design Interns Needed at Inshot
- Remote Full-time Copywriter Needed at Dandy
- Remote Frontend Engineer Needed at The Bulb Africa
- Remote and On-site Interns Needed at Paymish for Digital Positions
- Remote Content Writer Needed at SearchEye
- Remote Back-end Developer Developer Needed at GoodTalent Co.
- Remote Data Scientist Needed at Okra Ng