Applications are open for the Bronx Cultural Visions Fund 2023.
The BCVF was created to support the live performing arts scene in the Bronx, by funding the development of new concepts and the production of new work. It is open to Bronx-based individual artists, collectives, and nonprofit arts organizations working in theater, music, dance, or multidisciplinary forms.
Bronx Grants are project-based, and will focus support on artists at emerging and mid-career levels. Their definition of performing arts is work that happens live, in front of an audience. BCVF seeks to make significant investments in the borough’s performing arts community. BCVF does not support curators, festival organizers, or presenters.
Benefits of Bronx Cultural Visions Fund
Two types of support are available:
- Concept Development Grants will award up to $10,000 for developing live performance ideas or projects in their earliest stages.
- Production Grants will award up to $20,000 for the realization of a new project.
- Grantees on both tracks will be eligible for a $2,500 supplemental Professional Enhancement Fund grant, which can be used for skill-building, learning opportunities, or capacity-strengthening initiatives. For example, an organization might work with a marketing or fundraising consultant; an artist might work with an instrumental or dialect coach.
Eligibility Criteria for Bronx Cultural Visions Fund
Individuals, Ensembles, And Collectives can apply if:
- You identify as an emerging or mid-career performing arts practitioner;
- You/the lead ensemble member is a Bronx County resident;
- You/all ensemble members are 18+ years old;
- You have generated/will be developing the concept or idea yourself.
Organizations can apply for Bronx Cultural Visions Fund if:
- You have been incorporated as a nonprofit for at least one year;
- Your most recent annual budget is $250,000 or less;
- You are located in The Bronx, with a Bronx mailing address;
- You are the entity producing/developing the performance.
- Lagos African Cluster Centre Visiting Research Fellowship 2022 for African Researchers
- 1,500 UK Chevening Scholarships 2023/2024 for Developing Countries (Fully-Funded)
- The Gender Responsive Agriculture Systems Policy (GRASP) Fellowship 2023 for African female policymakers.
- Southern Africa Public Leadership Programme 2022 for Young Leaders
Evaluation Criteria for Bronx Cultural Visions Fund 2023
To be selected for the Bronx Cultural Visions Fund make sure that your project answers the following questions:
- Is the project stewarding cultural heritage, innovating, sharing a new perspective, or probing/pushing boundaries? Is there a compelling vision or original voice?
- Is technical expertise, skill, and/or ingenuity evident in the work samples?
- Are the outcomes achievable? Are the plans realistic?
- Does the project represent a new direction or growth for the applicant?
Application Deadline for the Bronx Cultural Visions Fund is not specified
Application process for Bronx Cultural Visions Fund 2023
The application process consists of two stages: submitting a Letter of Intent (LOI), and then if invited, submitting a full proposal. You can submit your LOI in written or video format.