African Union Civic Tech Fund 2022 Fellowship
The African Union Civic Tech Fund is a pan-African competition that aims to accelerate innovative civic tech initiatives that have the potential to lead to citizen-led transformative action across the African continent. This rests on the recognition that there is an acute need for meaningful participation by African citizens in addressing and solving governance and development challenges across the continent.
The overarching policy framework for the African Union Civic Tech Fund is Africa’s Agenda 2063 as well as other key policy documents associated with the African Union Shared Values agenda, such as the ACDEG or the African Youth Charter. Initiatives should therefore provide innovative solutions to solve problems of citizen participation, across a number of relevant areas:
- Participation in public space & public discourse;
- Electoral cycles and elections;
- Rule of law & orderly transfers of power between governments;
- Democratic culture and political pluralism;
- Responsive, transparent and accountable governance;
- Peace and security (where it impacts democratic governance);
Human, economic and sustainable development (where it impacts democratic
Eligibility Criteria: African Union Civic Tech Fund 2022 Fellowship
Prospective applicants need to pay close attention to the following eligibility criteria HERE that determine whether they can be considered.
The list of evaluation criteria is as follows:
- Relevance to the priorities (as described in these present guidelines);
- Technical viability of the suggested civic tech initiative & operational capacity of the implementing organisation;
- Added-value elements (as described in these present guidelines);
- Expected impact on proposed target groups;
Benefit of African Union Civic Tech Fund Fellowship
Aside from the financial support, the Fund will provide selected initiatives with additional technical support according to their identified needs. In sum, the support package looks as follows:
- Financial support
- Technical support
- Provision of thematic expertise on democracy support, African Union governance & continental policy-making.
- Marketing, communication & showcasing support
- Peer-to-peer learning & networking
Application Deadline: African Union Civic Tech Fund 2022 Fellowship
The deadline for African Union Civic Tech Fund Fellowship (AUCTF) is on the 15th June 2022.
Application process: African Union Civic Tech Fund
Before applying, please see the Terms of Reference here for more details concerning the requirements and the application.
Interested candidates are required to send a CV and the supporting documents listed in the Terms of Reference to [email protected]. Please name the email heading as follows: “LAST NAME – FIRST NAME – Tech Fellowship – ROLE FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING.”
Interviews will take place in the week of 27th of June 2022, with a possible start date on the the week of the 11th or 18th of July 2022.
For more information: Visit AUCTF Award Webpage for More Detail
- JASIRI Growth Accelerator Program 2022
- Careers at Google. Strategic Negotiator at Google Nigeria, Kenya, and South Africa.
- FEMALE RESEARCHER’S GRANTS 2022: CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
- Apply for the TED Fellows Program 2022
- Apply for The 2022 Step Up! Grants Programme