Applications are now open for the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2023. Here’s how to apply:
Application Deadline: 9 September 2022.
The Aig-Imoukhuede Foundation invites applications for the 7th round of the AIG Scholarships, which offers an exciting opportunity for exceptional Nigerians currently working in the Nigerian public sector to attend the University of Oxford for one year and undertake a Master’s in Public Policy degree.
The AIG Scholarships were launched in 2017 to provide a unique opportunity for exceptional West Africans interested in a career in public service to pursue a Master of Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford. Since 2017, twenty-nine (29) scholarships worth over £50,000 each have been awarded to future public sector leaders who have demonstrated a passion for the public sector.
AIG Scholars spend the year at one of the world’s top universities, gaining knowledge and skills from the outstanding academic faculty and expert practitioners and interacting with other future public sector leaders from around the world. After completing their degrees, scholars return to their countries and use their learnings to bolster policymaking, support reforms and contribute to their nation’s development.
To be eligible for consideration for the award of 2023-24 AIG Scholarships, you must:
- Be a Nigerian currently working in the public sector (Ministries, Departments, Agencies & Parastatals) at either Federal or State levels
- Aged between 25 and 45 years
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years (combined private & public sector) work experience
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class upper qualification
- Financial Support – Funding will be provided for tuition, living expenses, and a stipend for a summer project.
- Coaching and Mentoring – Extensive coaching and mentoring will be offered to help scholars navigate their time at Oxford and make the most of the experience.
- Career Development – AIG Scholars will receive full support to map out their career development paths and access opportunities that are aligned with their areas of interest and that leverage the knowledge gained at Oxford.
- Work Experience – AIG Scholars will embark on summer placements during which they will gain additional knowledge and experience in their areas of interest and build their global networks.
- World Food Programme Africa Regional Office Internships 2022
- We Create Change Program 2022 for Young Nigerians (Fully-funded)
- Entry-level Design Engineers Needed at Daystar Power Group
- Catapult Development Grant 2022 for Documentary Filmmakers (up to $20,000)
- General Electric Internship Program 2022 for young Nigerians
- The Huawei Global App Innovation Contest 2022 for developers worldwide (USD$1 million total in cash prizes)
- Vitafoam Plc Junior Management Trainee Program 2022
Want more opportnities? Join our Telegram group