Deadlin: March 13, 2022
Fully Funded Young Leaders Fellowship Program 2022, USA
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Young Leaders Fellowship Program is a one-of-a-kind leadership opportunity open to all young people between 18 – 26 from all over the world who wish to address community projects in the areas of education, health, and economic security. The year-long program prepares young people to become leaders of change in their communities through leadership development, global citizenship, self-awareness, and vision planning.
The program team, mentors, and mentees all work together to impact communities through innovative ideas and concrete projects, hence truly accomplishing the purpose of Local Change Through Global Exchange®.
Given the situation with the COVID-19 worldwide pandemic, we are implementing the program fully virtual through e-modules, Zoom discussions, and virtual one-on-one learning between mentors and mentees.
MCW Global’s Young Leaders Fellowship begins with the Community Needs Assessment – A one-month community needs mapping that prepares young people, between the ages of 18-26, from around the world to understand their local communities better. After the community needs assessment, Young Leaders participate in a one-month intensive Virtual Program that helps them become leaders of positive change in their communities. After Virtual Learning, participants spend 10-months developing their action plans with support from alumni mentors.
Community Needs Assessment
The Young Leaders Fellowship begins with an intensive community mapping project and community needs assessment, where Young Leaders will be provided with the tools and knowledge to assess their own community.
Project Development Through Virtual Learning
2022 – 2023 TIMELINE
- February 7, 2022: Young Leaders Fellowship application opens;
- March 13, 2022: Young Leaders Fellowship application closes;
- April 8, 2022: First round decisions sent out; shortlist candidates notified; second-round application opens;
- April 24, 2022: Second-round application closes;
- May 16 – June 3, 2022: Interviews with Alumni;
- June 10, 2022: Acceptances sent out;
- June 24, 2022: Confirmation of acceptance;
- July 1 – July 31, 2022: Community Needs Assessment;
- August 5, 6, and 7, 2022: PART I – Virtual Modules (Tentative schedule 10 AM – 3 PM EST);
- August 10, 11, and 12, 2022: PART II – Virtual Modules (Tentative schedule 10 AM – 3 PM EST);
- August 22, 23, and 24, 2022: PART III – Virtual Modules (Tentative schedule 10 AM – 3 PM EST);
- August 5, 2022 – July 1, 2023: Young Leaders Fellowship duration.
The application must be filled out in English.
Letters of recommendation and resumes also need to be written in English. Any part of the application that is not written in English will not be read and be considered incomplete.
The application includes:
- General Information
- Essay Questions
- Identify an issue in your community that concerns you. How would you address this issue?
- Describe one time you have faced a challenge and used a leadership skill to come up with a solution.
- Your resume should not be more than 1 page. We suggest that it be prepared in Times New Roman, 12 font, with 1-inch margins.
- Two Letters of recommendation
- Your letters should come from people who know your work ethic and commitment to your community. Friends and family members are discouraged from writing letters of recommendation.
- Recommenders should state their name, position, contact info, and relationship to the applicant at the top of the letter.
- Liability Waiver
- At the end of the application, please review the terms and conditions.
- Application Portal
- Click here to create an account and submit the application, by March 13, 2022.
Please read carefully the following logistics information:
- The Young Leaders Fellowship is free of charge to make the program accessible to all participants. .
- MCW Global will also cover the costs of program tools, e-modules, speakers, and additional program expenses during the community needs assessment period, virtual learning, and the remaining part of the program between September 2022 – July 1, 2023.
Given the current circumstances and safety measures for international travel and public gatherings, the Young Leaders Fellowship 2022 will be implemented fully virtually.
**If you have any questions or need further clarifications, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Good luck with your application