Applications are now open for the World Government Summit World Data Visualization Prize 2023 for Visual Story Tellers ($50,000 prize). Here’s how to apply:
Application Deadline: February 1st, 2023
Welcome to this $50,000 global creative data challenge. WGS supply the datasets and themes. You provide creative, intuitive data-visualizations that tell a story or reveal something interesting about the data.
The winning works will receive cash prizes, international press coverage, and the chance to have their work exhibited to world leaders at the World Government Summit in February 2023.
- The competition is open to anyone interested in design, data-analytics, and visual story-telling.
- Maybe you’re a designer, a developer, a creative professional, an analytics ninja, solo practitioner or a team – all are welcome to take part…
- $25,000: Grand Prize Winner
- $7,500-Interactive, Winner
- $5,000-Interactive, Runner-up
- $2,500-Interactive, Third Place
- $5,000-Poster, Winner
- $3,000-Poster, Runner-up
- $1,000-Poster, Third Place
- $1,000-Poster, Fourth Place
- 16 December: Competition opens
- 1st February 11:59PM AST : Competition closes
- 10 February: Winners announced
- 13 February: Exhibition at the World Government Summit, Dubai
Choose one or visualize all three of the following competition concepts and datasets.
- What Just Happened? What’s improved? What’s broken through? What’s gone supernova? Charting our development across many different metrics over a 10 year period to highlight the successes – and the bottlenecks. Explore this dataset
- Dashboard of the Present Future Governments need to see how well they, their nation and their populace are doing – from a data-perspective. Design us a data display for this purpose. How might it look, feel and function. Which metrics are primary? Explore this dataset
- The Future of Frontiers What factors and drivers might shape the society, government and citizens of the future? Tracking and visualising our progress and predictions for innovation in adaptation, future governance, public services, and social technology.
For More Information:
- Call for Applications: Shell Nigeria Internship and Student Industrial Training Program 2023
- Call for Applications: UNESCO Youth Essay Contest 2023
- Graphics Designers and Writers Needed at Qudos Designs
- Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2023 for Developing Countries Nationals (Fully Funded)
- Remote Social Media Marketing Manager Needed at HouseAfrica
- Türkiye Scholarships 2023 for Undergraduate, Masters & Ph.D. Studies in Turkey (Fully Funded)
- Call for Application: Data Science Internship (Summer 2023) at Novata
- BRAVE Women Grant for Female Entrepreneurs, Lead Firms and Business Associations (Receive between $5000 – $50,000)
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Cornerstone Ng
- Call for Interns: Mobile App and Backend Interns at Intra Pair
- Web Developer Needed at PressOne Africa