The Western Union Foundation Scholarship is a venture and leadership accelerator program for entrepreneurs and community leaders from extremely marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced populations worldwide.
This virtual and global program is intended to provide these next-generation entrepreneurs and leaders with the knowledge and expertise they need to enhance access to economic opportunity, establish valuable networks and resources, and transform their communities.
This is a fully-funded program thanks to the support of the Western Union Foundation.
Western Union Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
- You are an entrepreneur or community leader from and working with highly marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced communities around the globe.
- You are leading an early-stage social impact venture or community initiative with a proven track record of impact, entrepreneurship, and leadership in their community.
- Applicants from or are working in the following countries will be given priority: Argentina, Bangladesh, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, India, Japan, Lithuania, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Uganda, United Kingdom,United States
- You are looking for expert-led entrepreneurial training, access to funding opportunities, and a vast network of mentorship to accelerate your leadership skills and venture impact.
Western Union Foundation Scholarship Application Process
1. Complete the online application, this contains 4 short essay questions and should take about 45 minutes to complete. The final deadline to submit your application is August 18th, 2023.
2. Our admissions team will review applications on a rolling basis starting July 7th, 2023. We review applications in two batches on a rolling basis and encourage you to submit your application early.
3. Qualified applicants will be invited to a 20-minute Zoom interview. Interviews will begin July 10th, 2023.
4. The strongest applicant profiles will be shared with our external admissions committee for final review.
5. The admissions team will begin sending out final acceptances and fellowship awards in mid August.
6. The last step to finalize enrollment is to review and sign Watson’s Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
For more information, CLICK HERE