Applications are now open for the The World Bank Group Youth Summit 2023. Here’s how to apply:
Application Deadline: March 3rd, 2023 (11:59 PM EST)
Returning for its 10th edition, the World Bank Group Youth Summit aims to engage youth on the most pressing topics facing their generation, bringing together thousands of participants from around the world. The theme of the 2023 Summit, From the Ground Up: Local Solutions to Drive Global Impact, highlights development solutions that are generated locally, scaled up regionally, and elevated globally.
This theme also reflects the World Bank Group’s commitment to supporting local ownership, knowledge, and solutions as key to addressing global development challenges.
As part of the launch of the 2023 Pitch Competition – a flagship component of the Youth Summit – this live event will showcase how young people can address some of the world’s most pressing challenges through local and grassroots solutions with the potential to make a global impact. Discussions will focus on three pillars of development around which the Pitch competition is organized:
- Fragility, conflict, and violence-affected locations.
- Climate change, including energy security and transition.
- Financial security through employment and skill development.
And will address how to leverage local knowledge and leadership among you
The 2023 World Bank Group Youth Summit will be held both virtually and in person, in Washington DC, on May 25-26th, 2023.
Requirements for the World Bank Group Youth Summit 2023
- The competition is open to individuals, or teams of up to five people aged 18-35, regardless of prior experience in a particular field or topic.
- Participants can be students, as well as individuals who are currently working.
- To be eligible to participate in the competition, individuals or teams (i.e., all team members) must be willing and able to commit the time necessary to implement their solution after the competition, if it is not already being implemented. WBG encourage diverse and gender-balanced team compositions.
Benefits of the The World Bank Group Youth Summit 2023
- The 6 finalists selected after the interview round will join the hybrid 2023 WBG Youth Summit at the WBG Headquarters in Washington D.C. Travel expenses1 will be covered, including lodging for up to three nights for one representative from each team. Other team members will be able to participate through the virtual platform.
1 Travel will be subject to the relevant Covid-19 guidelines, and logistical (visa appointment et all) availability.
- Finalists will have the chance to connect with experts engaged in global problem-solving in the impact space, including both public and private sector leaders across the social, environmental, and economic inclusion landscapes.
- They will also be offered an opportunity to pitch to potential investors, get tailored mentoring, and receive admission into the inaugural WBG Youth Summit Alumni Network, as well as other virtual and in-person initiatives to elevate the finalists’ story and solutions throughout the WBG network.
- Additionally, this year, participants may have the opportunity to attend a workshop on idea development and solution implementation.
- Further, selected participants who make it to the interview rounds but do not advance to the final pitch competition will be invited to present their ideas virtually during the Youth Summit lightning rounds.
Selection Process for the The World Bank Group Youth Summit 2023:
- Applicants and pitch decks will be evaluated by an expert committee.
- The semi-finalists will be invited for a virtual interview with a panel consisting of the pitch competition team and technical experts from the World Bank; who will select the finalists.
How to Participate in the The World Bank Group Youth Summit 2023
- Participants will provide innovative and concrete solutions that showcase the role of the youth in developing local solutions with the potential to make a global impact focused on the three pillars: FCV, climate, and jobs and skills.
- Submissions will include an application form in addition to a pitch deck; participants can choose to design their own deck or follow the pre-designed Pitch competition template.
- Proposals can be submitted in Arabic, English, French, or Spanish ONLY.
- Fill the application form and upload your proposal here.
For More Information:
- Women in Tech 2023: Middle East, Africa and Turkey Recruitment Program 2023 for Young Students and Professionals.
- Call for Applications: 2023 UNESCO Internship Program for International Students
- Apply: HotNigerianJobs Is Looking for 10 Data Entry Officers in Nigeria
- Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship Award 2023 is Now Open for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- Remote Data Analyst Internship at Axios ($17/hr Payment)
- WomEng GirlEng Technovation Camp 2023
- World Trade Organization Essay Competition 2023 (CHF 5,000 Prize & Funded Trip to UK )
- Alx Full-stack Software Engineering Training for Africans
- Call for Applications: TERAWORK N5 million Business Grant 2023 for Entrepreneurs, SMEs and Startups
- The Sahara Group 2023 Graduate Management Trainee Program for young graduates.