Application into Schmidt Futures/Rhodes Trust Rise Challenge 2023 for young people worldwide. (Fully Funded) is now available
Application Deadline: 25 January 2023.
Each year, Rise invites 15-17 year olds from around the world to participate in the Rise Challenge. Unlike many traditional applications, Rise uses videos, projects, and group interviews so applicants have multiple opportunities to showcase their potential. For applicants without access to a video recording device, we offer the option of submitting text responses. For applicants without access to technology, we offer an alternative low-tech pathway through paper applications. Rise is a program that finds brilliant people who need opportunity and supports them as they work to serve others.
After applicants complete the Rise Challenge, Rise selects up to 500 Finalists to advance to “Finalist Days,” where they demonstrate their motivations, problem-solving abilities, and teamwork skills in an innovative interview format. From the 500 Finalists, Rise selects up to 100 Global Winners to receive various benefits as they work to serve others.
An initiative of Schmidt Futures and the Rhodes Trust, Rise is the anchor program of a $1 billion commitment from Eric and Wendy Schmidt to find and support global talent
- Applicants for the 2023 cohort must be between the ages of 15 and 17 as of July 1, 2023, meaning they are born on or between July 2, 2005 and July 1, 2008.
- .It does not matter what country they live in, background they come from, or academic experience they have. Whether they are interested in science, innovation, technology, art, policy, community organizing, or any other discipline—we want to hear from them.
- Residential Summit
- Programming & Education
- Global Winner Network
- Higher Education Scholarships
- Technology Package
- The 100-day Rise Challenge begins at 12:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) on 18 October 2022 and ends at 16:59 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) on 25 January 2023.
- You are encouraged to pace yourself throughout this time to complete a project before it’s over. How you use your time will be up to you, but Rise will provide guidance and suggestions along the way.
For More Information: