VRChat offers a first-of-its-kind, game-changing platform that provides an endless collection of social VR experiences and gives the power of creation to its robust community.
With over 250,000 worlds and growing, VRChat’s vision is to allow users to bring their imaginations to life and help shape the metaverse anywhere in the world on any device.
As a UX/UI Designer, you’ll be working collaboratively with the rest of the VRChat Creators Team to help improve, shape, and construct existing and upcoming creator-facing tools.
The Creators team develops and maintains the content creation systems – from Unity Editor Windows to Standalone Content Management Applications, Documentation Sites, new Client Features, Example Worlds and more!
As part of that process, you’ll be creating and maintaining design materials while ensuring they are communicated effectively to those requiring them. You’ll be guiding the design of features from concept to release then iterating on them as the team and community provide feedback.
You should be able to lead design efforts and align them with the company strategy. You’ll be working with the QA and Community Teams to address this input and decide what to act on as a priority.
You should be able to navigate this live platform environment with a solid understanding of what design choices mean for the community and team. You should also be able to manage sometimes blunt feedback from the community with flexibility and grace.
You will report to the Chief Creative Officer and work with other designers across VRChat’s various teams to ensure cohesion across our efforts.
Job & Team Impact
The Creator Tools are the only way to get content into VRChat, and they’ve historically been full of programmer art and “good-enough” design decisions. We’d like to take them to the next level and improve the workflow and usability for all creators! This work will have a direct impact on the tens of thousands of creators who regularly use our tools.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for working collaboratively with the team to design, release and iterate on design-related features of VRChat Creator toolsKeeping the team informed of the design of features as they evolve, release, and are iterated on
- Staying up to date with community feedback on VRChat Creation Tools
- Help build and iterate on prototypes with others on the Creators team where necessary
- Engage with VRChat’s related connected platforms like Discord, Twitch, Youtube, etc. to understand the environment well enough to be effective in the role
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer for games or applications
- Familiarity with Unity
- Ability to stay focused and productive in a permanent WFH environment (or something similar)
- Portfolio of work on games or applications that demonstrate experience and excellent design skills
- Broad knowledge of common design concepts for User Experience, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Design Systems and Game Mechanics
- Comprehensive understanding of a “design process” from concept to release
- Strong work ethic and communication skills – you are a self-starter
- Must excel in the construction of design documents, diagrams, and other materials
- Must be able to communicate design concepts effectively to the team
- The ability to work with ambiguous ideas and turn them into practical design concepts
- Experience making tools for Creators of some sort
- Experience with Unity Editor Window tool development
- You have built content in VRChat or other platforms
- You have a good understanding of game engines and their usage, especially Unity
- You have a degree in game design, human interaction, or similar
- Work from anywhere! VRChat is a 100% remote company
- Health Benefits
- 401K for US & RRSP for Canadian Employees
- Stock Options
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Unlimited/Flexible vacation time
- Onboarding Hardware Stipend
- Paid parental leave benefits
- NITDA – Coursera Tech Skills Training Scholarship 2023 Cohort 2
- Facebook/Ingressive4Good Social Media Marketing Scholarship 2023 for Young Africans
- Access Bank/ Udacity Tech Scholarship Program 2023
- Access Bank 2023 Entry Level Recruitment and Internship Program for Young Nigerian Graduates.
- MTN Scholarship Application 2023 Now Open (Deadline: June 18th, 2023)
- Bic is Looking for Sales Reps
- NOKIA Mobile Network MEA Training Program 2023 for Young Graduates
- Deloitte Nigeria Graduate Academy Digital Programme 2023