We’re a trailblazing fintech startup building a suite of AI-driven financial products that accelerate economic empowerment in emerging markets. Our solutions sit at the intersection of financial services, blockchain, and artificial intelligence. If you’re passionate, forward-thinking and biased for action, we’d love to have you.
We’re looking for an ambitious Full Stack Developer to work closely with in our fast growing engineering team.
what you’ll do day-to-day
- Develop, design, create, modify, and/or test software applications or systems for various products or software services
- Develop a strong understanding of relevant product area, codebase, and/or systems
- Demonstrate proficiency in data analysis, programming, and software engineering
- Produce high-quality code with good test coverage using modern abstractions and frameworks
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Work independently, use available resources to get unblocked, and complete tasks on schedule by exercising strong judgment and problem solving skills
- Master internal development standards from developing to releasing code in order to take on tasks and projects with increasing levels of complexity
- Mentor more junior developers and improve their overall capabilities
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and other Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Be able to work with customer empathy in ensuring that products and solutions meet their needs
- Be able to write technical documentation.
You’re a great fit if you have the following:
- Experience with distributed version control systems: mostly Git (Github and/or Bitbucket).
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud environments a bonus.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker, or another container technology a bonus.
- Implementing automated testing on platform and unit tests.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Appreciation for clean and well-documented code.
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field
- Relevant work experience in role.
- Fintech experience
- Experience with ML or optimization
- Exposure working with Data Science teams and productionizing machine learning models.
Generally, this role is expected to put in a total of 40 hours of quality work weekly. You will be expected to put in the hours necessary to deliver agreed outputs and meet milestones.
We work mostly async, with an expectation of online responsiveness between 10AM to 6PM GMT.
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll be one of our earliest hires, bearing a lot of ownership and responsibility in a high value position that directly influences our business execution.
- As we grow, so do you. All roles at Ladder are structured to help our employees evolve as career rockstars. We will support you with the resources you need to succeed.
- You’re joining a rocket ship — you’ll be joining a truly world class team with tremendous growth potential. You’ll be eligible for our early employee share option plan, adding value to yourself while you synthesize value for the business and our users.
- Execute in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment.
How to apply
Interested individuals can apply now. Please send your resumé to [email protected] with a brief summary of interest and links to your repos.
- Call for Participants: Microsoft Immersive Practical AI Masterclass For Nigerians.
- Remote UI/UX Designer Needed at VR Chat
- Eco Bank is Hiring for Application Engineers
- Customer Service Associates Needed at Mone Solar
- NITDA – Coursera Tech Skills Training Scholarship 2023 Cohort 2
- Facebook/Ingressive4Good Social Media Marketing Scholarship 2023 for Young Africans
- Access Bank/ Udacity Tech Scholarship Program 2023
- Access Bank 2023 Entry Level Recruitment and Internship Program for Young Nigerian Graduates.
- MTN Scholarship Application 2023 Now Open (Deadline: June 18th, 2023)