Remote Entry Level Graphic Designer Needed at Sartorius
Sartorius is seeking a remote based Graphic Designer for our bioprocessing business to create exceptional marketing materials in the biotechnology industry.
Remote Based Role – EAST COAST Hours
You will assist in creating assets including, digital, web and print working with campaign managers, content strategists and project managers to ensure that designs are on-message, compliant with our branding and style guidelines and follow marketing best practices.
To be successful you will need to have experience in all facets of Marketing & Communications functions and have exceptional technical knowledge of design programs, specifically the Adobe Creative Suite, and show strong UX design skills. You will be organized and a great communicator with a talent for working under pressure.
What you will accomplish together with us as our Graphic Designer:
- Create layouts and develop graphics for a variety of materials, including brochures, catalogs, technical documents, infographics, email headers, social media graphics, PowerPoint, digital banners, print and digital advertisements, media assets and editing for the website and other projects as needed. (Experience with interactive designs and animated banners is a plus).
- Webpage layout and design with our CMS platform in support of marketing campaigns & product launches with a focus on usability and performance.
- Occasional support for the design of both print and digital materials that comply with internal best practices, support the company’s marketing plans, reflect corporate core messaging and adhere to branding guidelines.
- Bring innovation, creativity and freshness to our marketing while staying on top of trends in the industry.
- Work with external agencies and vendors to establish quotes, production schedules, and delivery of materials
- Use our project management system to effectively manage work from start to finish.
- Use our digital asset management system to access, organize and update media deliverables.
- Work under limited supervision, taking ownership of assignments and any issues within own area of knowledge.
- Work cooperatively in a team environment; participate in project planning sessions with team members and key stakeholders.
- Regularly communicate with business stakeholders to exchange information, understand requirements and solve problems.
- Meet intense and changing deadlines, manage multiple projects, balance shifting priorities and focus on solutions to improve quality and efficiency as projects progress.
- Help set up and improve workflow processes when and where needed.
- Monitor and report project expenses and process invoices with accounts payable with adherence to a Marketing Communications Budget
- Foster best practices and collaboration between countries by sharing and internal communication with department counterparts.
What will convince us as our Graphic Designer:
- BA or BFA degree in design, art or related field, or commensurate work experience.
- 1+ years of proven experience in professional design, preferably in a business-to-business environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite in a Windows computing environment, including InDesign (exceptional skills in both print and interactive document production), Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated proficiency in UX design with fluency in HTML and extensive experience working in CMS environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, including the ability to handle copy changes with accuracy, control versions carefully, and ensure files are archived accurately and promptly.
- Proven understanding of print layout, including master pages, layers, tables, export settings, press requirements, style sheets, fonts, color profiles/palettes, pagination, graphic manipulation, etc.
- High level of personal initiative, accountability and follow-through.
- Some basic understanding of cell biology and bioscience concepts is preferred.
- Identification with our core values: Sustainability, Openness, Enjoyment
You will be expected to provide a portfolio of work for review.
As a federal contractor subject to Executive Order 14042, we require all of our employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to a disability or for religion. If you will require an accommodation, we will discuss this with you should an offer of employment be extended to you.