Applications are now open for the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Innovation 2022
Application Deadline: 15 July 2022.
The QEPrize seeks nominations from the public that celebrate a wide variety of engineering innovations across all sectors of the profession, and a breadth of nominators from all corners of the globe.
The £500,000 prize is the world’s most prestigious engineering accolade, awarded to up to five engineers responsible for a bold, groundbreaking engineering innovation of global benefit to humanity.
Eligibility for Queen Elizabeth Prize for Innovation 2022
Entry to the Prize is open to:
- any living individual (or not more than five living individuals working as a team);
- of any nationality;
- who is personally responsible for a ground-breaking innovation in engineering which has been of global benefit to humanity. Self-nomination is not permitted.
- The Trustees reserve the right to reject any nomination where, in their reasonable opinion, there is or is likely to be a conflict of interest between the nominees, nominators or any referees and any other nomination or the Prize more generally.
The winners will be awarded:
- a total cash prize of £500,000 (five hundred thousand GBP); and
- appropriate memorabilia to be decided by the Trustees in their sole discretion (the “Prize”). In the event that the Prize is received by more than one individual (but not more than five individuals, as above) collaborating under a single nomination, the Prize money will be shared between the winners as determined by the Trustees in their sole discretion on the advice of the Judging Panel.
Selection process for the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Innovation 2022
- A selection of nominations will be short-listed by the Judging Panel for final consideration. The winning nomination will be chosen by the Trustees, advised by the Judging Panel.
- All nominees and their nominators are deemed to accept that decisions of the Trustees are final in connection with the Prize and the Trustees shall have absolute discretion as to whether an entry is to be short-listed to win or selected to win the Prize from the short-list.