Prospa is a financial operating system for Nigerian entrepreneurs. Using our intuitive and beautifully designed mobile and web application, entrepreneurs are able to manage all their business and banking in one place.
We are backed by YCombinator, Global Founders Capital, Liquid 2 Ventures. Immad Akhund CEO of Mercury, Karim Atiyeh CTO of Ramp, executives from Square, Facebook, and Nubank and many other well respected angels and funds.
We are hiring for the following positions:
We’re looking for a confident and talented UI/UX Designer who has experience in the Fintech (Financial Technology) industry, to join our product team. As a UI/UX Designer at Prospa, you’ll be responsible for creating user-centered designs by understanding business requirements, and user feedback. Creating user flows, wireframes, prototypes and mockups. Translating requirements into style guides, design systems, design patterns and attractive user interfaces.
What you’ll do:
- Working alongside our engineering team to provide guidance on design decisions and translate product requirements into actionable design tasks
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Participate in daily standups and demo upcoming features to the entire company
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer
- A strong portfolio that shows skill in both visual design and product knowledge
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch and Figma
- Good time-management skills
- An understanding of web implementation technologies. No coding is expected, but an ability to converse with developers about implementation details is essential
- A proven commitment to hard work and collaboration even when under the pressure of tight deadlines or multiple assignments
- Authenticity and a love for your craft
We’re looking for an enthusiastic backend software engineer to join our team. Your primary responsibilities include architecting, implementing, releasing and supporting features that enable our collaborative product model.
A commitment to collaborative problem solving and creating high-quality products is essential.
You’ll be expected to:
- Explore, define and develop new technologies and architecture
- Re-evaluate existing technologies to constantly improve our platform
- Improve upon and build new business-critical features and infrastructure
What you’ll be doing
- Design, develop, test, refactor and scale backend implementations of new and existing consumer product features
- Design and develop backend and data layers of the software that will run across web and mobile apps
- Work with smart algorithm processes to scale software from thousands to millions of transactions
- Set up staging and sandbox environments to test software functionality and efficiency
- Build smart data collection techniques to better understand user behaviors and experience
- Tackle software bugs and technical troubleshooting
- Support customer-witnessed testing
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Critically look at the user problems and design process flows and improve them
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to understand member pain points and come up with solutions
- Proactively identify opportunities for improving the reliability and scalability of our systems
- Work across the engineering team to improve and uphold high technical standards
Who are we looking for?
- Strong experience working on the backend of a technology product
- Impact and mission driven
- Champion mentality; result and goal orientated
- Great team player with humility
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- A keen and strategic problem solver
- Enjoy learning and diving into the deepest levels of how things work
- 4+ years developing software in a production environment at scale
- A deep understanding of Python
- Very good understanding of APIs and Django Rest framework
- Very good understanding of Celery, RabbitMQ
- Very good understanding of socket programming
- Ability to ‘mould’ efficient queries to perform tasks on time
- Must have built awesome software before that had live active users
- Knowledge of technological trends
- Working knowledge of Git
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Experience working with transactional databases (MySQL DB, PostgreSQL) and caching systems (Memcached, Redis)
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale mobile applications
- An appreciation for maintainable and well-tested code
You possibly have:
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with AWS as the cloud provider. Accepted alternatives are GCP or Azure
- Experience with Flask or FastAPI is desired but not required
- Experience with Test-Driven Development
We are looking for a highly motivated Frontend Engineer to join our growing team. You’ll work with the marketing, product and design team to build out a world class product for our members.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, and product managers to design and build a world-class product experience.
- Own the entirety of your features; including component design, implementation, automated testing, and rollout.
- Define and develop modern APIs that integrate web and mobile app clients with server backends.
You will be part of the team responsible for the design, architect and build of aesthetically-pleasing modern interfaces for our Web & Mobile products. Bringing products and features to life, taking into careful consideration UX/UI design best practices. Collaborating, testing and iterating core product features. This role is full time.
Who we’re looking for
Like everyone else on the team, you are obsessed about impact and the difference we make as a business. You will get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and entrepreneurs and business owners grow and expand their business. As our potential candidate you inhibit a few or all of the following:
- Experience with front-end technologies. We use React and TypeScript, but we’re happy if you’ve used different but similar technologies
- You care deeply about your craft. We build world class products.
- Impact driven
- you want to be involved in building a product that you (and the people you know) use every day.
- You care about customer outcomes and you want to make data-informed decisions
- Have a champion mentality; result and goal orientated
- Great team player
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Enjoys learning and diving into the deepest levels of how things work
- A keen and strategic problem solver
What you’ll need
- Familiarity with popular JS-app frameworks (React, redux).
- Interest in working full-stack, from developing frontend web applications to implementing business logic and optimizing database transactions.
- An understanding of how the web works with experience developing applications and can make pragmatic engineering decisions.
- Ability to develop, and deploy incremental improvements to our front-end platform.
- Write reusable components and libraries.
- Write and review engineering design documents and guide product design.
- 3 years minimum experience in Frontend Development.
- 3 years minimum experience in building web applications
- Creative and innovative problem-solver.
- Agile in development.
- MERN/PERN stack engineer.
- Code junkie and hungry.
- Strong design and programming skills.
- Very good understanding of Styling and CSS
- Clean code advocate.
- Good communication skills.
- Fast and infinite learner.
- Excellent taste in Color Combinations.
- Ability to translate mockups to code
- Experience with modern browser technologies (Mobile Web).
- Experience with Minification and saving of web resources for faster rendering in browsers.
- Interactive Design knowledge. Knowledge about Progressive Web Apps.
Bonus points for
- Having built and shipped your own products
- Experience in development of web and server applications
- Previous experience owning and running a business or side hustle, no matter how big or small.