Kintsugi Foundation is hiring a Programme Manager. Here’s how to apply:
- Job Title: Programme Manager
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria or Accra, Ghana
- Reports to: Board of Directors
Are you a professional with experience in development, social enterprise and community organising? Are you passionate about empowering underserved communities through advocacy, education and organising?
The Kintsugi group is recruiting a programme manager to lead its two projects, Isọdọkan and Konji. Isọdọkan is a youth development non-profit targeted at youth in underserved communities and Konji, is a social enterprise focused on providing sexual health information and resources to the youth.
Our programmes and projects aim to equip our target demographics with information, resources and practical skills that increase the likelihood that they will be able to live fulfilling lives.
This position reports to the board of directors. We seek a candidate who can dedicate a minimum of 18 months to the role and is able to build networks and organise communities.
About the Projects
Our mission is to engender positive and sustainable changes in the lives of disadvantaged, under-served and under-represented youth, especially those living in poverty-stricken communities. In so doing, our organisation aspires to help shape better communities and break intergenerational cycles of poverty.
Our organisation’s operations comprise of a series of projects intended to support youth in under-served and/or poverty-stricken communities through programs that strengthen self-efficacy, develop practical skills as well as increase acumen and social awareness.
The mission is to improve the quality of life for vulnerable people by enabling services and campaigns that champion sexual and reproductive health rights for the under-served, especially women.
- Coordinate all programme activities associated with youth development and sexual health awareness projects.
- Recruit community members and volunteers for the program,
- Develop and work alongside programme volunteers to assess their ability to successfully implement the youth and family programs.
- Supervise all programme instructors/volunteers for policy and curriculum compliance.
- Review programs to ensure alignment with needs of community members; this includes enriching vocation development exposure, leadership training and community building.
- Revise existing foundation materials such as brochure, annual report, posters etc and develop new materials as required.
- Develop policies and programme curriculum for the series of projects.
- Prepare inputs for concept notes, project ideas
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for the long-term sustainability of the foundation.
- Build and maintain community relationships by working closely with and actively engaging stakeholder groups including but not limited to; local governments, corporate organisations, schools, community and non-profits.
- Plan and organize meeting and events in partnership with community organisations to share information, receive feedback and build networks
- Provide support in community outreach events in target communities
- Create processes to track outreach activities and their impact.
- Identify donor resources, build contacts with potential individual donors
- Coordinate fundraising events for the foundation.
- Raise funds
Administrative and Budget:
- Participate in the business planning process for development of annual goals and budget preparation.
- Oversee project plans, timelines, community engagement budgets and expense approval process
- Develop, implement, and maintain tracking tool for financial reports and budgets, in line with established NGO standards
- Supervise project staff, ensure accountability for acquisition of equipment and supplies
- A bachelor’s degree, a master’s degree in relevant field is an advantage
- At least three years’ experience working in/with youth development.
- Education sector or group facilitation experience.
- Experience working with community organisations and schools in under-resourced areas
- Previous leadership level experience in sales, marketing, or business development roles
- Ability to engage at all levels (youth as well as corporate mentors/executives)
- Good oral and written communication and the ability to have direct and open conversations.
- Mediation skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to support fund raising.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite especially: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Canva or other Design Software.
- Strong planning and coordinating skills.
- Empathy: identify with the plight of the under-served.
- Sense of Humour: know how to laugh at yourself and lighten a mood with others.
- Winning Attitude:Believe in the work that you and we are doing!
- Work Ethic:do what it takes to get a job done
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: this is a business after all, we need to be building and breaking barriers, that means we don’t just see problems we create profitable solutions
- Dynamism: you need to be adept at adjusting quickly and effectively to new situations
- Integrity: we absolutely need to be able to trust your ability to do what is right, not just what is expedient because we are committed to never micromanaging
- Resourceful: this is a start-up environment, you will not always have the help or resources you need, but we hope you will be adaptable and resourceful in driving value creation and problem-solving
- Passionate: we are a lot about what we are building at Spurt! and it’s important for your success.