Application Deadline: July 11, 2023.
The Next Economy is an initiative of SOS Children’s Villages CV, Crosswise Works and GoodUp and is being funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Next Economy empowers youth in Nigeria, to unleash their talents, build their confidence and hone the skills they need for a successful career in a job or as an entrepreneur. To accommodate the diverse ambitions of young people entering the labor market and together with our local partners, we offer The Next Economy Programme.
Young people are empowered to transition from education to working life through employment opportunities or entrepreneurial ventures.
The program will run in Lagos, Abuja, Jos (Nigeria), Bamako (Mali), Hargeisa (Somaliland), and Mogadishu (Somalia) and will focus on youth development and empowerment in these regions.
The Next Economy training module consists of 4 Key Focus Areas highlighted below:
Core Life Skills Training: The core life skills training is a very impactful programme that is designed to expose young Africans to various soft skills needed for personal development to either start and build a career in a job or start an enterprise.
With this training, the youth will be well equipped and informed to make profitable decisions including choosing between the employability and the entrepreneurship trajectories.
Employability Training: This training further provides a mix of soft & job readiness skills to support entry into the labour market. Youths who go through the employability trajectory obtain relevant skills required for employment in a company.
Through individual support provided by a coach, the youth critically reflect on your personal career perspectives and identify opportunities for an internship or learning-on-the-job.
Entrepreneurship Training: The entrepreneurship training is a eight (8) week intense and hands-on training designed to provide knowledge about ideation, innovation and creativity with special focus on how to raise seed capital for business growth and sustainability.
Incubation Training: The Next Economy Incubation programme is focused on startups in the early stage of business who are investor-ready and are seeking new partnerships and investments to scale their businesses. This training focuses on business growth and sustainability and seeks to make them more profitable.
- Call for Application Duration: February 17- Mar 31 2023
- Core Life Skill Batch 1 Training: April 17- May 1 2023
- Core Life Skill Batch 2 Training: May 8-May 22 2023
- Entrepreneurship Training: May 29 -July 11 2023.
For More Information:
- APPLY: 2023 MTN Global Graduate Program for Young Africans
- Product Designer (Remote) Needed at Kuda Bank
- Call for Teachers: Teach For Nigeria Fellowship Program 2023
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Training Program 2023
- Wema Bank Tech Training Bootcamp and Certification 2023
- Code for Africa Fellowships 2023 for Creatives ($1,550/month stipend)
- 2023 Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) Prize for Literature ($USD 100,000 prize)
- Call for Applications: 2023 UNESCO Internship Program for International Students
- Apply: HotNigerianJobs Is Looking for 10 Data Entry Officers in Nigeria
- Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship Award 2023 is Now Open for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- Remote Data Analyst Internship at Axios ($17/hr Payment)
Never miss an opportunity again. Join our Telegram Group or WhatsApp Group