We are seeking qualified candidate for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant to be based at the Rayuwa Project Office in Zaria, Nigeria.
This position will support the Rayuwa Project Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and the entire team for the implementation of an integrated community development project with a focus on enhancing resilient agriculture and accountable education.
Rayuwa Nigeria is part of Pyxera Global’s broader programming, housed within the Enterprise and Community Development division.
The Rayuwa project involves collaboration with diverse partners and a drive to be continuously adaptive to the local context. The Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant will support the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and the project team to design, plan, manage, monitor, and evaluate the project’s resilient agriculture and accountable education activities.
The ideal candidate will have moderate M&E work experience in multi-sector and integrated development programs in a rural setting. As part of the Rayuwa Nigeria team, the Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant will also exemplify Pyxera Global’s values which encourages teamwork, equality, and a strong work ethic across all members of the Rayuwa Nigeria team.
Key Position Responsibilities
The M&E Assistant will report directly to the Project Monitoring & Evaluation Officer and will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that the implementation of program activities is in line with the project’s implementation and M&E plan and meet stakeholders’ needs.
- Provide technical support to program team in ensuring that data/indicators related to the project are accurately captured and reported according to set guidelines.
- Support the development and design of M&E framework, tools and project M&E plans, guidelines and ensure efficient data management processes.
- Provide continuous technical lead to project team on data management and regularly analyze data, highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with the M&E Officer and the team in addressing these gaps.
- Assist in developing operational monitoring tools (e.g., checklists, questionnaires, databases, interviews, and survey forms, etc.)
- Support monitoring activities to project sites, collation/analysis of field reports for program feedback and decision making.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites for data verification, validation, and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists.
- Support regular maintenance and update of project database/information system.
- Support operational research activities and participate in project assessments, evaluation, and design teams as applicable.
- Assist in the preparation/production of project quarterly reports and SDG alignment reports.
- Document success stories and case studies of the project’s beneficiaries establishing the impact of the project intervention on the beneficiaries’ livelihoods.
- Conduct frequent site visits to observe training, monitor activities for compliance, engage and build relationships with the community.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Rayuwa Values: honesty, transparency, integrity, humility, freedom to innovate, equality, keeping a “light” attitude, quality, teamwork, focus on the goals, accountability to all partners, and monitoring to learn and improve.
- Perform other duties as required and requested.
Required Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Agric. Economics, Agric. Extension, Agronomy, Statistics, Data Management, Sustainable Development, or related fields.
- At least 2 years of direct involvement in providing monitoring and evaluation support for agricultural or education programs.
- Experience with participatory and community-based M&E systems
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing research, baseline surveys, report- writing, quality data collection, management, and analysis, DQAs, performance monitoring plan (PMP)
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerBI, PowerPoint & Microsoft Word
- Previous experience with development of e-platforms for data capturing and reporting.
- Proficiency in database development/management, and skills in analyzing, interpreting, and communicating data and information to various stakeholders.
- Experience using ICT4D for data collection preferred.
- Significant experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative assessments and surveys.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Must be willing to travel and work regularly in rural communities.
- Practical hands-on experience using mobile data collection applications, such as CommCare or ODK, GPS in rural settings and supervising the work of enumerators with different skillsets.
- Relevant work experience using local education monitoring approach (LEMA), Group administered mathematics assessment (GAMA), Group administered literacy assessment (GALA), etc.
- Excellent facilitation skills, familiarity with training-of-trainer (ToT) approaches and methodologies, and competencies to use tailor-made and diversified facilitation/training methods and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills; proven capability working in a multi-cultural team setting on multi-year programs.
- Fluent in English, proficiency in Hausa strongly required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume, Cover Letter, expected compensation package and list of 3 professional references to: [email protected] using “PYXERA Global / Rayuwa Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant 2023” as the subject of the mail.
Deadline/Close Date: 10 July 2023
- DigiGirls 3.0 Training + Mentorship + Internship
- I4GMasterClass Scholarship 2023: Get Unlimited Access to Master Class for One full Year to Learn Anything
- INTERVIEW WARMUP: A Google Tool for Prepping for Interviews. Here’s How to Use It to Ace Your Next Interview.
- ALX Africa Software Engineering Scholarship 2023 (Cohort 2)
- Women Techsters Tech Bootcamp (Cohort 2.7)
- Women Techsters Tech Bootcamp (Cohort 2.7)
- Google Career Certificates 2023
- [Download] Editable CV Template to Create Masterpiece CVs
- Call for Applicants: Google Career Certificate in Cybersecurity 2023 With 2000 Scholarships for Africans
- Internship Opportunity at Data Science Nigeria 2023 (AI and NLP Processing internship)
- Apply Now: Airtel Ng Is Hiring for Positions
- Call for Interns: Data Engineering Internship at Indicina